bumble foot?

ange92040

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
Lockhart, TX
I have a hen that has a scab on the side of her foot but not on the bottom, its swollen but not to bad but she keeps raising it like a flamingo and wants to stand on it but keep bringing it back up. She just sits there like she is laying. I've read that bumble foot has a scab on the pad and her's is on the side. Could it still be bubble foot?
please let me know this is my son's favorite hen.
these pictures are the best I could do sorry

Last edited:
I have a hen that has a scab on the side of her foot but not on the bottom, its swollen but not to bad but she keeps raising it like a flamingo and wants to stand on it but keep bringing it back up. She just sits there like she is laying. I've read that bumble foot has a scab on the pad and her's is on the side. Could it still be bubble foot?
please let me know this is my son's favorite hen.
these pictures are the best I could do sorry

This looks like an injury to me. Could she have got it caught in something or smashed it in a door? Possibly pecked while roosting? Can she grasp with her toes around your finger or is the toe stiff or immobile ? Bumble foot is on the bottom pad like an abscess. If it is injured, I would treat it like you would your kids or yourself. Spray some blue kote on it to keep infection out.

Thank you I was afraid I was going to have to lance it. We soaked it in epsom salts and let her rest in the house for a while. I don't she smashed it in a door, no doors for her to smash it with and on the inside of her foot so the pecking is out too. I will soak it again tomorrow and neosporin it until I am able to get some blue kote.
He is my son's favorite and was very distressed that we would have to cut her.

Thank you again!!

Thank you I was afraid I was going to have to lance it. We soaked it in epsom salts and let her rest in the house for a while. I don't she smashed it in a door, no doors for her to smash it with and on the inside of her foot so the pecking is out too. I will soak it again tomorrow and neosporin it until I am able to get some blue kote.
He is my son's favorite and was very distressed that we would have to cut her.

Thank you again!!

Sounds like you are on the right path to getting her better. Hope she recovers quickly.

Back
Top Bottom