Bumblefoot question

CKfarm22

Crowing
Jul 8, 2021
Central NJ
This might be a long shot… but one of my chickens has bumblefoot. I’ve tried the corn remover patches and the drawing salve… none of them seem to be working. I’ve been picking at it, to the point it’s bleeding. Tried squeezing too…. I’m wondering if there could potentially be any downside to using the pimple patches for humans on it….
IMG_6372.png

have you soaked the chicken in warm epsom salt water for at least 30 mins or so before attempting to remove the core ? The core and pus will be firm instead of liquid like on humans and etc.. it takes a lot of patience and time , it helps to try and keep the area clean at all time as well, if you can put him in a dog wired kennel for a bit so he can’t keep getting it dirty that would help, all I know to do is jus keep soaking and working the bumble out. I don’t think the pimple patches will help as they remove blackheads and your bumble is WAY tougher than that. And all the chemicals and stuff in the patch I wouldn’t chance it , not wanting him or another chicken to eat it as well.

This might be a long shot… but one of my chickens has bumblefoot. I’ve tried the corn remover patches and the drawing salve… none of them seem to be working. I’ve been picking at it, to the point it’s bleeding. Tried squeezing too…. I’m wondering if there could potentially be any downside to using the pimple patches for humans on it…. View attachment 3617014
have you soaked the chicken in warm epsom salt water for at least 30 mins or so before attempting to remove the core ? The core and pus will be firm instead of liquid like on humans and etc.. it takes a lot of patience and time , it helps to try and keep the area clean at all time as well, if you can put him in a dog wired kennel for a bit so he can’t keep getting it dirty that would help, all I know to do is jus keep soaking and working the bumble out. I don’t think the pimple patches will help as they remove blackheads and your bumble is WAY tougher than that. And all the chemicals and stuff in the patch I wouldn’t chance it , not wanting him or another chicken to eat it as well.
:goodpost:

Yep i’ve been soaking it. Last night i tried to pick at it, and what was coming out along with blood was this string substance that actually did look like pus.

Yep i’ve been soaking it. Last night i tried to pick at it, and what was coming out along with blood was this string substance that actually did look like pus.
then I would say your jus now getting to the actual pus pocket I’d keep doing it for about a few more days and you should start seeing improvement the pus is def thick and kinda like strandy, it’s not soft you almost have to pop it out like a bad blackhead.

then I would say your jus now getting to the actual pus pocket I’d keep doing it for about a few more days and you should start seeing improvement the pus is def thick and kinda like strandy, it’s not soft you almost have to pop it out like a bad blackhead.
What i was pulling out almost looked like hair in water, that’s how stringy the pus was. I’ve been squeezing it very hard but nothing comes out of that except the chicken squirming 🤣

What i was pulling out almost looked like hair in water, that’s how stringy the pus was. I’ve been squeezing it very hard but nothing comes out of that except the chicken squirming 🤣
Lol it is a very hard job to do if you don’t have another set of hands ! And if you’re like me your terrified your causing more harm than good ! I’d flush it really well after each cleaning session,and maybe give him extra treats after for comfort 🤣😅 I’m a sucker tho, I’ve seen some manage to get it tap wrapped but I mean unless they’re in a cage the bandage will eventually collect dirt and fall off or move.

Back
Top Bottom