Bumblefoot?!

Nothing. Washed her up and feet otherwise look good. Blisters look a little smaller today. I have soaked them a couple of times and have applied honey. She is starting to act more herself.

Blisters are still present but definitely smaller. Been using Epsom salt and honey. Still can't determine cause. Nothing visible like injury or clump.

Seems to be. Acting more herself. Just wish I knew what to do and hope it doesn't get worse.

Did you say there was no scab on the bottom of her foot. If it's bumblefoot there is usually a scab and you can take and remove it and it's like a piece of corn but make sure you get it all and push the swelling out of her foot I've had to do this a few times I have gotten pretty good. There is I'll pass on the chicken chick by the site that shows detailed pictures of how to remove bumblefoot I hope this helps

From your pictures there's no scab or core, it is not Bumblefoot, what is the temperature, it it possible it's a sting or bite.

When this first started we just had a cold snap... went from mid 50s to low teens (single digits over night). Then this week it warmed up again to 50s, and today it is low 30s and snowing. We have had a lot of weird weather here lately for us. So I don't think it would be a sting simply because we don't have any insects out right now. As for a bite, I would consider it but for the fact that there are blisters on both feet. The left foot has bigger blisters but right foot as them as well... both in the same spot one in between each toe on the top of the foot. Absolutely nothing that I can see on the bottom of the feet. I also inspected all of my other chickens feet and none of them have it.

I did a search of blister on chickens feet and it came up with Bumblefoot without the scab as the common thought, so you could search this site as well, I can't link stuff, they either lanced and drained the blisters and or treated with antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom