Bunch of eggs, overwhelmed and no clue

Yes, you're quite right about that.  You need to keep after me until I do it lol

I think all I need is a frame made from 2x4s with a plexi-glass cover and a light.

Lol I will try! I'm not quite sure on the homemade incubator. I've seen some pretty crazy homemade ones on here! I think there's actually a thread about it if you search it. I know you can use an old cooler or an old mini fridge. From what I have seen, I think the cooler one is fairly reliable, cheap and effective!

Lol I will try! I'm not quite sure on the homemade incubator. I've seen some pretty crazy homemade ones on here! I think there's actually a thread about it if you search it. I know you can use an old cooler or an old mini fridge. From what I have seen, I think the cooler one is fairly reliable, cheap and effective!

A cooler seems like a good idea. I thought it had to be a shallow thing. Ok, I'll look for the thread.

I know a few people who prefer duck eggs for baking. I have one buyer of my chicken eggs that keeps asking when I am going to get ducks. lol

You should. I have more eggs than I know what to do with just off 3 ducks. I'm just about begging people to take them before I run out of room in the fridge.

You should. I have more eggs than I know what to do with just off 3 ducks. I'm just about begging people to take them before I run out of room in the fridge.
LOL I don't have the means for a proper set up. I'm already getting more eggs now than I am selling...lol Some day I would love to though. Ducklings are about the most adorable baby bird there is...lol

LOL I don't have the means for a proper set up. I'm already getting more eggs now than I am selling...lol Some day I would love to though. Ducklings are about the most adorable baby bird there is...lol

Yeah, they are pretty neat :)

I dug a pond and a friend surprised me with ducks and geese. The owls flew off with the first round, so I had to put up the bird netting. Then the coons became a problem. I think I finally have that one solved. Now it's eggs. I really didn't want to get this deep into it. I just wanted some aquatic birds for my pond. Now I feel like I have a bunch of kids lol

I just got back from feeding them. The duck was still sitting on the eggs. Is it day 3? I think so. Goodness, I hope I don't have a dozen babies come out. I wouldn't know what to do then.

A cooler seems like a good idea.  I thought it had to be a shallow thing.  Ok, I'll look for the thread.

Yep! I would post it here for you but I'm not very adept at this site yet. I just type things in the search bar they have and it pops up. If you only want a baby or two, you could probably just trust the duck for now and have an incubator on standby in case she decides to leave them.

From my recent experience, and that was just trying to keep the darn eggs alive for the last 4 days - get a real incubator. So much stress and worry when its all up to you to keep them alive.

Yep! I would post it here for you but I'm not very adept at this site yet. I just type things in the search bar they have and it pops up. If you only want a baby or two, you could probably just trust the duck for now and have an incubator on standby in case she decides to leave them.

That's what I'll do. I'll fiddle around with rigging something up tonight.

From my recent experience, and that was just trying to keep the darn eggs alive for the last 4 days - get a real incubator. So much stress and worry when its all up to you to keep them alive.

How can you tell if the eggs are alive?

The thing is, I just want to do this one time. I don't really even want to make a cooler-bator because it would be another thing taking up space around here. If I knew I would be doing it more in the future, then I would buy one.

Back
Top Bottom