Burlington Iowa Swap Dates 6-10-07, 7-8-07, 8-12-07, 9-9-07

momof3

Songster
12 Years
Feb 5, 2007
Iowa
This swap is put on by the Southeast Iowa Pigeon Club. It is located at Southeastern Community College Grounds. Hwy. 34 and 406 Gear Ave.

June 10th

July 8th

Aug. 12th

Sept. 9th

Parking is $2.00. Now last year it didn't cost to sell unless you wanted to be under the pavilon and then that was $5.00. The time is 6am until noon.

Last edited:
What is the turnout like at these swaps? We are planning to go to fun city one of these weekends and I can alway arange it that it lands on one that has a swap too.
wink.png
Thanks Jenn

I made it to the last one. There was lots and lots of people. I have been going for a couple of years this is the most people I have seen there. There were fewer people selling things. This is the first time I went in April. We usually go in May, June, July, Aug and Sept. We did see goats(lots of them), pot belly pigs, rabbits, chicken supplies(more then I've seen before), puppies(some good some not so good looking), plants, old tools,hamsters, chickens, ducks, peacocks, guineas, homemade candles,fishing nets,bicycles, and yardsale stuff. I'm going May 6th. Let me know if Fun City is good. I've seen the website and thought about going there this summer. I like your idea of combining the two.

Hey momof3,
We were there in May for the mens state bowling. It was held right in fun city. We actually stayed at a different hotel but I wish we had actually been there in the end. It is the neatest thing. You would not have to leave the hotel at all if you didnt want to. The rooms are a little pricey but it is worth it. We were only able to do the indoor water park but even that is enough. They have, inside 2 water slides, area for small kids to play, water climbing wall, hot tub and little areas if you want to pay extra for a pool side room. These have a sliding door right into the pool area. This is free with the room rental. Then for the rest they have, restaurant, bowling alley, go cart racing, TONS of games, laser tag, racing simulator, roller coaster simulator and a couple other things I am not even sure what they were. Most of the larger things like go carts and simulator are $5 a person and the game ranged. Most all of the game also gave you tickets that you could redeam like at chucky cheese. You will be spending a few hundred dollars for a weekend but if it is the only time you can get for a vacation it is worth it. Also the outdoor water park looks great. I plan on staying inside with my 1 yr old and 11 yr old, she is a redhead like me and I dont want her to get burned. The DH and older sons can go outside. The restaurant is kinda pricey too but there are a ton of places around and some do deliver. Hope that helps. Jenn

Thanks jkcove. I'll have to keep that in mind. Is anyone going to the May one? My family and I are. I plan on taking some of my cockeral chicks and maybe some of my pullets.

I wont be able to go until probably the July show. We have things going on the other weekends. I think I am more busy on the weekends then the week days sometimes. Boy I wish there were 3 or even 4 days in a weekend..
big_smile.png
Jenn

It appears that my husband wants to go. You have a good idea about some of your cockerls. I have a few that I can spare for sure. I sent you an email and then afterwards found the thread. Go figure. Anywho, it sounds like a lot of fun. Hope to see you there, and thanks for the information.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom