Burning chicken poop

TXKukupantsKoop

Songster
Mar 16, 2022
Central Texas
Weird question- I don't have enough property to pile up the chicken poop and keep for composting. I'm going to burn it and didn't know if it was safe for the chickens to breath in. I'm super sensitive to smoke so I wear a mask when burning anything. Burn pile is about 200 ft from the coop.

How many chickens do you have? How much poop are you talking?

10 chickens. I clean the coop/run daily of poop. Burn pile is about 10ft in diameter. I have a bunch in another area that's composting. This is about 5 weeks worth maybe??

I literally would have an entire yard of chicken waste eventually. I need some way to dispose of it and there was a thread that mentioned burning it. Idk where that thread is now.

I literally would have an entire yard of chicken waste eventually. I need some way to dispose of it and there was a thread that mentioned burning it. Idk where that thread is now.
I can’t imagine the smell….. can you bring it to a dump or something??

You also might have to check with your township on if you can burn it

Last edited:
I can burn here. I just wanted to know if the smoke from burn piles is harmful to my birds. I doing want to harm them. I've looked into other options so this was the last one that I was looking into.

Back
Top Bottom