Button Quail Habitat Temp

PotatoElGreat

Hatching
Aug 7, 2023
I have never raised or had quails or any other bird, and I would like to start raising button quail, I want to keep them in my room, which is about 65-70 degrees F, (maybe 60 on a cold night I dunno though) so I just want to ask if that‘s too cold, and if so how to warm them up, preferably not using a heat lamp. Also any other tips on raising buttons would be helpful, I have already done research. Thank you in advance!

Thank you! By box do you mean like an upside down shoe box with some holes cut in it? Or an open topped box? And I am planning on only getting 4 buttons, so will that be enough to keep each other warm? Also this really helps.

I need a Buttonquail expert help please. I have an aviary that my Buttonquail Lauren it’s rather large and I can send pictures. For the past three months all the Buttonquail‘s were doing perfectly fine no problems no fights no food issues laying eggs like mad. Then all the sudden they started dying off five here to here and each day there is always a dead Buttonquail. What could be causing this? Someone please help as I have another Buttonquail that sitting in a corner, not eating or drinking and I don’t know what to do. I will send photos of my aviary as I try my best to keep the shavings clean and wash off the plexiglass there is good ventilation in the aviary.
Please please please someone help. I want to keep my button quails live and I don’t know what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_4231.jpeg
    IMG_4231.jpeg
    794.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4229.jpeg
    IMG_4229.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    709.2 KB · Views: 5
How cold does it get in your aviary?
What are you feeding them?
Are your hens getting enough calcium?
Do you see any other symptoms?
Are they eating, drinking, and pooping normally before they die?
What kind of ventilation are they getting in there? Is it all glassed in?

Back
Top Bottom