Buttonquail cage height and alternatives

Jodi107

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2022
I have some button quail chicks and I was trying to think of a way to give them a little more height in their permanent areas. Has anybody ever thought or heard about taking some breathable material and lowering the ceiling using wiring and material, covering so that when the top was hit, it would be have soft give would give? If you think about it kind of like a trampoline upside down made with the soft blanket like material you can get at sewing stores

I have some button quail chicks and I was trying to think of a way to give them a little more height in their permanent areas. Has anybody ever thought or heard about taking some breathable material and lowering the ceiling using wiring and material, covering so that when the top was hit, it would be have soft give would give? If you think about it kind of like a trampoline upside down made with the soft blanket like material you can get at sewing stores
I’m pretty sure @007Sean said something about this the other day for coturnix but I bet it would work for buttons I think he said foam acoustic sound panels but I could be wrong he should swing by later and let you know.

Thank you! I particularly like the idea of the material because it could be easily replac as could the foam and also depending on the strength of the birds in flight and varying height of take off the depth could be adjusted.
.......The specific cage I would like to use has as a platform and I think this foam that you speak of would be perfect for the bottom of the platform itself.

Ok I was wrong it was egg crate foam here’s exactly what he said

Sorry
I like the sound of acoustic sound panels.... kinda just rolls off your tongue! :lau but acoustic panels and egg crate foam have a similar look, both have a cone shaped! and one is way more expensive than the other. ;)

Back
Top Bottom