Buy it Now - Sapphire Hatching Eggs 12+

Here's a pic of one of my chicks that I got from Cynthia (who hatched out your eggs)

Kind of an interesting looking pullet, I'm really excited to see what kind of eggs she lays!!

She's the big one, she has several black spots, not much of a tail, muffs/beard and slate legs, stands up tall like Leghorn's do....

Here's a pic of one of my chicks that I got from Cynthia (who hatched out your eggs)

Kind of an interesting looking pullet, I'm really excited to see what kind of eggs she lays!!

She's the big one, she has several black spots, not much of a tail, muffs/beard and slate legs, stands up tall like Leghorn's do....
Pretty girl! All three I have lay a blue egg.
fl.gif
for blue eggs for you too! Thanks for the pic!

so the super part of these birds are that they are crossed with leghorns and lay a lot of eggs or that they lay a very "super" blue colored egg?

Lots of eggs?
or
lots of blue?

They lay blue eggs with the production and size of a white leghorn. You can see pics of the egg color in the original post or in one of the comments... i cant remember but I am sure it is posted in this thread.

Here's a recent picture of my girl.. how soon before they lay..are they early like the leghorn
or later like the Ameraucana? I'm thinking by looks, probably by leghorn time.

She has a bit of puffy cheeks going on.

I just love this girl. Personality plus! She isn't afraid to approach me when I'm out, and she's
still a pullet! Very friendly with me, and gets along with all of the others.

Pretty ey? You have these birds all the way form Central Utah to Idaho now, DM
I may want more eggs next spring!

My first one started to lay at 20 weeks.... she is the one that laid the double yolkers. The others soon followed.

I am going to be reducing my WL flock and moving some WL in to breed with a WL roo to make more pullets for this cross. I will have only a very limited amount in about a month... so if you want some you might want to get them now! They are laying great BTW.

have you tried to breed these crosses back to Leghorns to even up the production more?
I know that would probably lighten the eggs.

also have you tried to breed black leghorn ( Sandhill ) has got them with a Black Ameraucana.
That would be pretty.

have you tried to breed these crosses back to Leghorns to even up the production more?
I know that would probably lighten the eggs.

also have you tried to breed black leghorn ( Sandhill ) has got them with a Black Ameraucana.
That would be pretty.
I am afraid that cross back to WL would cause more straight combs and could lose the Blue Egg gene.

I don't have black leghorns and don't have room for more breeds.... I would not order from Sandhill either, heard too many horror stories about them. I know someone local that never got their order and someone else it took her 3 years to get her birds..... crazy.

Getting super excited for my pullet to lay!! she has an awesome personality, too, she is still in the grow-out pen because she keeps flying back in to be with her friends, or she flies out and free-ranges all day, I should clip her wings, but she behaves herself, so I haven't done it...

Back
Top Bottom