Buy of the week ..found a GQF manufactoring cabinet incubator

Quote:
Hi Davaroo,
Do you have a wiring diagram for a sportsmen?Something is wrong with mine,it keeps burning out the turning motor.This last fall was it shot up to 120 even with a back up system.I want to fix it and then sell it.I bought a new Dickey,just as good and much cheaper.
In N.H.,Tony.

Wow, congratulations on a GREAT buy! I lucked out a couple of months ago and bought one from a friend, also for $150. I haven't been able to locate a model # on mine yet either. As soon as it's empty I'm going to check on the bottom.

If you check the gqfmfg.com website you might be able to identify which model you have.

Good luck and have fun incubating!

Quote:
Hi Davaroo,
Do you have a wiring diagram for a sportsmen?Something is wrong with mine,it keeps burning out the turning motor.This last fall was it shot up to 120 even with a back up system.I want to fix it and then sell it.I bought a new Dickey,just as good and much cheaper.
In N.H.,Tony.

I don't have a wiring schematic, no. But it is just a motor. Either the voltage is wrong, the heat is getting to it or the load is excessive.
I'd suspect the latter. Check for any binding in the linkages or sticking in the tray pivots.

As for the motor, a look at the drawings from the website shows nothing special. Here is a tidbit they offer:

The turner drive motor can sometimes seize, preventing the turning trays from moving manually or automatically. This can be caused by corrosion, accumulated dust, or if the spring located around the motor shaft becomes misaligned.

Like I said, load on the motor. Since it burns up replacement motors, corrosion and dust are unlikely candidates. I'd check the spring referred to here and all points that might be causing a bind.

Last edited:
Their website has a wiring diagram. I just got both a Sportsman incubator and hatcher for...gasp... FREE!!!
hide.gif
And they both work. The incubator has guinea eggs and some pullet eggs in there right now. $150.00 is a GREAT deal. I went on to Sportsman's website and just printed out their instructions. You don't need the model no. for that, they all work the same. I couldn't find a model number on mine either. Hope you hatch out lots of babies!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom