buying a second bator tomorrow!

Jessiewoodard57

Songster
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Bushnell, FL.
I had to discard 42 eggs that I candled at 10 days and found to be clear. I had bought these for $1.50 per dozen(guess you get what you pay for) I would have been better off eating them!!!!

I reloaded the bator with 50 eggs, 3 EE and 47 RIR. I bought 4 dozen RIR eggs for $4 per dozen from a gentleman I had used in the past with great hatch results. and the 3 EEs are from our own stock. you would think 50 eggs is enough but no another of the people I buy eggs from had 1 dozen + partridge Cochin eggs for sale and I bought those too so now I have to buy another bator in the morning.

Now I know I'm hooked!

I candled tonight and out of 74 eggs I had to toss only 1!!!!
ya.gif
4 are iffy but I will wait and candle again in a week. This is great sure beats throwing away 48 eggs!!

Soon as the first bator empties I plan on reloading with more eggs from the same supplier. I saw his flock and was impressed. In fact, I bought a nice large RIR roo from him for 8 dollars (he has 150 roos that free roam). I had 5 hens with no roo, boy do they love him.

I just did the same thing today!!! I went to tsc and got another cheapo to hatch in so I could set more eggs....I cant wait to get my good incubator in february with tax return $...I want a cabnet one either brinsea or sportsman havent decided yet.

'Ain't hatching fun?
lol.png
- I too just bought myself another incubator. I now have three, but one is so cheap and terrible I never use it anymore. I just don't want to throw it away though. I tried getting a fan for it but I wasted $50 on a broken fan.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom