BUYING NEW CHICKS

My first chicks came from TSC many years ago. My suggestions would be to only take chicks that are energetic, do not have pastey (poopy) butt, and if you are specifically looking for hen spend the extra dollar and buy the sexed pullets or sex links.

have fun and enjoy.

We just bought some from TSC 4 days ago and so far they're great! I would definitely take the suggestion above and just make sure to go for the energetic ones. That's what we did. Let us know if you add to your chicken family! :)

I love getting my chicks there!

One thing: If you plan on showing/breeding/getting a particular breed, then I wouldn't recommend it. They don't usually have pure breeds, and when they do, they're not usually 'pure', or of the best quality for that breed.

Other than that, they're always healthy, and the staff is super helpful.
For your first batch, I think TSC is a good choice.
thumbsup.gif

We just got ducks from TSC and while it's only been 2 days, they are growing fast and seem to be doing really well. The employees there were very knowledgeable (I don't know ducks) and helpful. We also looked for poopy butts and energetic...vocal too.

My brother and his wife got their first chicks from TSC and they bought several thinking that since they were from TSC that some wouldn't make it.....turns out they were wrong and they all survived so they were stuck with more hens than they could handle
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom