by request the ETHNO BOTANICAL thread

Quote:
My natural cure for ringworm is to grate an onion and apply the juice to the ringworm several times daily until gone. Or put onion pulp on the ringworm and cover with a bandaid. No worries about nightshade!!

crossedwires, thanks, this is an excellent thread and with my tiny flock (4) I am trying the prevention route having not done any chemical deworming to my 13 month old chickens. I don't think you mentioned feeding cayenne pepper as a worm deterrent and wondered what your thoughts were on this (unless I missed it). Up until a couple of months ago I was regularly sprinkling a bit into their drinking water. I stopped because I had heard that it also helped to warm their bodies, something I really don't want to do right now.

So I am wondering if it is a useful deterrent but also if it wouldn't be good for the summer.

I haven't tried the garlic because I have often read that it will make the eggs taste bad.....then again we love garlic....maybe it is just people who don't like garlic who were saying that???

Anyway, great thread! I am trying to be as organic as possible and would like as many preventatives as I can get to keep them healthy.

thanks

Great thread! It is like applied, modern-day Clan of the Cave Bear!
pop.gif

I found this product about 3 years ago and I use it a couple times a week in the chicken house and duck house. It's Poultry Protector concentrate, it's non toxic and all natural. kills any lice or fleas and also mites. Can even use it on your birds. I've never had a problem with any of these. Then I use DE in the winter adding it to the bedding also put it into the feed to help protect from moisture and also for worming.3 cups to a 50lb. bag. And most everyone knows about apple cider vinegar. All of us use it 4 legged and 2 legged. Forgot to mention the best place to buy PP is from Welps Hatchery

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom