Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
Pics

Whaaaaa ma? What tomatoes? We swear there was just a hole here! :hmm

How are the people who are doing herbs getting them from how they look in the garden, to how they look in the little bottles in the stores? In other words, how do you process them so they can be used. We've never done herbs before.

Depends on how you use them...I use a lot in stirfry and sauces so I take icecube trays, chop my herbs and freeze them in olive oil so I can pop out one or two as needed. You can also hand them to dry in a cool dark place for a week, toss in a food processor quick to chop and put inside a jar/empty spice container. You can Quick dry if a cool dark place isn't available- lay out on a cookie sheet in a warm oven (set at like 150 degrees) for 5-30 minutes depending on quantity. I have done it all 3 ways with oregano, rosemary, dill, cilantro, tarragon, mint & parsley.

Harvested the dill that flowered to un-shade some seedlings and give it some bulk instead of height. I basically chopped about 12-18 inches off the top (4-5 foot plant to begin with).

Maaaaan, my crookneck squash plants are flowering!
sad.png
lol they're like, 4 inches tall >
hmm.png

Last year I had a problem in one corner of the small garden of everything staying miniature! Just one corner and it didn't matter what i put there it'd grow 6-8 inches and fruit (tiny edible fruit/flower) def not like this year! TIL NOW! Oh joy lol will 2 inch squash make good stir fry?

Did they get root bound at any point? That can miniaturize gourds/pumpkins/squash. If your earth has a hard pan about 6 inches down it might be able to do the same thing. Pop a paper milk carton over it open at both ends and make it climb for the sun.

These sprouted from the ground, they have about 10inches of garden soil, before the roots hit a clay pack :/ I fluffed (lol) a bunch of raised hills-rows and then some back to back storms came through flooding everything. The mounds/rows kept shape but definitely had a -too much water- issue. I will definitely try making them reach for light! Thanks! Imma hoping that other veggies don't bolt lol

Did they get root bound at any point? That can miniaturize gourds/pumpkins/squash. If your earth has a hard pan about 6 inches down it might be able to do the same thing. Pop a paper milk carton over it open at both ends and make it climb for the sun.

Back
Top Bottom