Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
I am not knocking or trying to sell the product. I don't know how anyone can justify the Cost of Yeti coolers. I looked around the market today. About half of the coolers in the back of the trucks and under the tables were Yeti Brand. The others were same ole same ole wally world type. It was 96 degrees today there and busy as normal. Blackberries and peaches are in.

Maybe part of the profits go to the search for yetis...
1f61d.png

Omg I love country side organics....this morning I saw these cute little purple flowers in my run and was like wow never seen those weeds before. Welllllp then I noticed there's pea pods on the vines of these flowers....ummm I never planted peas. Eapecialy not inside the run....so I was puzzled then I fed my chickens..I give them while grain layer feed that had big round peas it in. And now that I remember that, I rmemeber seeing one that had fallen in there water for a few days, water logged and sprouting. So yeah. I got peas hahaha.

Omg I love country side organics....this morning I saw these cute little purple flowers in my run and was like wow never seen those weeds before. Welllllp then I noticed there's pea pods on the vines of these flowers....ummm I never planted peas. Eapecialy not inside the run....so I was puzzled then I fed my chickens..I give them while grain layer feed that had big round peas it in. And now that I remember that, I rmemeber seeing one that had fallen in there water for a few days, water logged and sprouting. So yeah. I got peas hahaha.

That's good stuff right there! We actually planted peas in the garden this year and haven't gotten a single one yet. Here you come along and accidently plant one and you're already harvesting.
barnie.gif
lau.gif

My sugar snaps are blooming. and I just bought some more fencing, so I can get them fenced up today. I belong on the slow bus, b/c I always plant, and then plan to put up the fencing later, but don't get around to it until the stuff is turning into a jungle, and I risk damaging the plants. Same with one side of the swing set with the pole beans. But, everything else has support where needed. Still need to finish the netting around the garden to keep escaping chicklets out of the garden. My tomatoes are putting on some nice blossoms. We're getting the perfect blend of sun and rain right now. Love it!!!

I'm zone 3 and harvesting peas...
From the greenhouse
big_smile.png

I think you might be cheating.
wink.png

Down here in zone 8b (AKA the burning humid shores of Hades) things are taking longer to get going. Well..... that and the fact that I only just planted the beds in the last week of April, but yeah lets blame it on the weather and not the guy who couldn't get off his duff in time to plant.
big_smile.png

We've had our run-ins with Craigs List scammers too. Seller, beware! Crazy stories they come up with. LG, I'm on the slow bus with you. My peas are no bigger than 5" or 6", so it'll be a while. BUT I've got two tomato plants with blossoms, and the rest are coming along right behind them. I still have a lot to learn about gardening in north Idaho, although I did get a lot of starts going in February and March, when spring was a distant dream. I may have to scale back my ambitions due to not being able to accomplish as much in a day as I did a while back. BTW, Hennible, I imagine that's aphids all right. The closest thing I coud find to it was white flies, but I kind of doubt that. I'm hoping their predators show up soon, real soon. I wanted to post something similar on my mache and hope the photos will stream soon.

Strange question for you all. I've got tomato plants that are way too tall and spindly for the amount of blossoms that have sprouted, if they make half the fruit they'll fall over. Since I can't use metal in my garden (aquaponics) and haven't found anything that will hold them up do you think it'd be a bad idea to basically cut them down and replant the tops? I could easily cut 2 feet off of the bottom of each of them then pull the bottom part out of the bed and replant the upper parts into the media. I've done it with a couple of smaller branches that I've cut off and they didn't really wilt for more than a couple of hours before perking back up.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Don't know about that plan or anything aquaponics; but do you have a way to bend the stems back down into the medium? They should grow new roots along the stem and make for a stronger plant, I think. I'm guessing everything else is right: light, nutrients, etc.

Strange question for you all. I've got tomato plants that are way too tall and spindly for the amount of blossoms that have sprouted, if they make half the fruit they'll fall over. Since I can't use metal in my garden (aquaponics) and haven't found anything that will hold them up do you think it'd be a bad idea to basically cut them down and replant the tops? I could easily cut 2 feet off of the bottom of each of them then pull the bottom part out of the bed and replant the upper parts into the media. I've done it with a couple of smaller branches that I've cut off and they didn't really wilt for more than a couple of hours before perking back up.

Thoughts?
Certainly possible, I wouldnt bother though. They are in flowering mode, why negate that? Cutting and replanting will delay them by a few weeks for sure. Not all of the blossoms will set anyways, and if its hot where you are, it will be even less. Blossoms dont set in hot temperatures. I'd find a way to support them if it were me. Bambo stakes, twine, etc and "make a cage". Are they getting enough sun? Plants tend to stretch if not enough sun. Some varities, paste tomatoes and heart tomatoes, are just naturally "spindily." They have what is reffered to as Wispy leaf foliage. Naturally, thin, droppy and frail looking even when healthy. Let the plant tell you it cant hold the fruit up, it may be just fine as is.

Back
Top Bottom