• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters

Lots of tomatoes hiding in there too.

I guarantee you'll fall in love with it. So sweet, never bitter, grows super long, and OP. What's not to love? I continually try new varieties, but never go a year without planting my Suyo long! I've not used them for pickling, but am convinced that they'd be perfect picklers when done small.

This is what my nectarine and plum trees looked like a month ago. We went on vacation to Florida for a week and came back to almost bare trees. Squirrels!!!! Can I just say that I hate those little tree rats!!

bwalden --

I feel your pain. I've ordered up a slew of Havahart traps as somebody with long teeth sampled an unripe peach in the veggie compound. The discussion with fellow Correlenos is that if you choose to relocate the squirrels the magic number is 17 miles away (and preferably across the river). However, most don't make it further than a nearby wheelbarrow full of water.

hide.gif

Is a wheelbarrow deep enough? I personally agree with your method. Surely, they need a nice long deep bath. Why relocate them, when you know that someone else from 17 miles away is just going to bring them, and a few buddies back, and dump them in your yard. Seems like an expensive rat trading program to me!

Spent the day thinning the nectarine trees. The fruit was in glomps, like a honeybee swarm. There's still hecka fruit left on the tree even after taking oodles off.
(Bare spots are where clusters of fruit were removed) They look nice, but they're still rock hard.

(zoom in on this to see all the fruit AFTER a thinning)

The red pear is overloaded, too.

It apparently is quite the year for fruit!

Last year we installed the cider orchard....

Our handful of rooted twigs are coming along.

I'm a little bit peeved as the vigilant neighbors are informing me about folks in assorted cars are stopping, getting out, walking into the orchard and scoping the fruit. Looks like i'ts going to be a matter of "when" rather than "if" about putting up a fence. Don't need to deal with fruit poachers.... Not a darn thing is ripe now, either.
Nice fruit!! Around here tresspassing can land a person in court for tresspassing. You could add theft of p roperty. FYI a friend has horses and no fencing keeps the human visitors OUT. SHe must bring in all the horses before going off for errands. People just came into the drive or climbed over the fencing ignoring all signs.

Back
Top Bottom