Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
I have been using the chickens to clear my spring garden spaces of grass and weeds. Just sprinkle their feed around the spots I want cleared out and let them work. Then I am dumping my coffee grounds on them and soon I will turn the earth over with a shovel and mix it all in.

Next time use an empty pop bottle and invert it (filled with water into the soil so it will slowly drip irrigate. If it runs out too fast you can put the lid on and drill a hole through it so it is slower.
I meant if you let the actual seed dry, like you would for most plants, then it won't sprout if it drys out for more than about two or three weeks

Wo
Would your plant not produce them? Is it a 2nd generation thing?
I think it would produce, but very possible the resulting plants would be quite different, as well as future fruit (I think that's what lazy gardener is saying). Be fun to see... I d like to try with some of my apple, see what I get...

I need to mulch everything...
Yep, that's the question of the day. I'm assuming that Meyers is a hybrid. So, here's ?#2. Perhaps Dan will take a run at it: Assuming that I can keep my Meyers alive, and not kill it... And I started a seedling lemon from a seed from the grocery store lemons, what would the odds be of grafting the Meyer onto the seedling lemon? And would the grafted plant maintain dwarf form???

Yep, that's the question of the day. I'm assuming that Meyers is a hybrid. So, here's ?#2. Perhaps Dan will take a run at it: Assuming that I can keep my Meyers alive, and not kill it... And I started a seedling lemon from a seed from the grocery store lemons, what would the odds be of grafting the Meyer onto the seedling lemon? And would the grafted plant maintain dwarf form???

If Meyer is a genetic dwarf then yes it will be dwarf on a standard size rootstock .

Yep, that's the question of the day.  I'm assuming that Meyers is a hybrid.  So, here's ?#2.  Perhaps Dan will take a run at it:  Assuming that I can keep my Meyers alive, and not kill it... And I started a seedling lemon from a seed from the grocery store lemons, what would the odds be of grafting the Meyer onto the seedling lemon?  And would the grafted plant maintain dwarf form???

Theres several different opinions on starting citrus from seeds, some say you could get a grape fruit from an orange seed, I have no idea how true that is but it's mostly because citrus orchards have many types of citrus for better pollination. I doubt your seeds will produce anything but lemons (except maybe that grocery store one) but they won't be the same as your meyer which is indeed a hybrid. That said some citrus seeds are pollyembryonic and will come true to type
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC157756/

As for grafting the Meyer on to the other you can graft it, you can graft any citrus on to any other citrus. Jerryse already answered your other question

Last edited:
No, I live in LA, Lower alabama,
tongue.png
30 minutes from the FL border

Off topic a bit but I just read your location information in the little area on the left. That's from Fraggle Rock isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom