Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
I've got all my seedlings I started in late winter in at last! Most advanced my spring garden has ever been, was definatly worth using the cold frame to get a jump start on the season.

On more frustrating news, decided for reasons unknown to take out my tomato side shoots with my clippers instead of just snapping them off with my fingers. On my one and only black cherry tomato, the only one to germinate from a ten year old pack of cold tolerant seeds, I accidentally cut the main stem instead of the side shoot.
1f633.png
I still can't believe I actually did that
1f62b.png

Does anyone know what this would be on my dwarf beans?

I have had rust on my garlic in a nearby bed but this is only yellow, no sign of the orange rust spots.

Maybe blight?

I could be wrong but I don't think we have blight in Australia. At least I've never heard it mentioned here by anyone or on tv garden shows etc

I've picked them off and binned but I've got the next planting ready to put in the garden but not sure if I should wait till this is treated first.

I did wonder about a soil deficiency. This is my second year in raised bed filled with purchased garden mix and mushroom compost.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I don't think we have blight in Australia. At least I've never heard it mentioned here by anyone or on tv garden shows etc

I've picked them off and binned but I've got the next planting ready to put in the garden but not sure if I should wait till this is treated first.

I did wonder about a soil deficiency. This is my second year in raised bed filled with purchased garden mix and mushroom compost.

I've not heard of blight either. You should email or ask on fb for gardening Australia to see if they know.

I get powdery mildrew which even with treatment seems to hang around.

Yeah it killed my cucumbers last year. I think it was because I planted them in the same bed as my zuchinnis which always end up with it and it just spread. Keeping zucchini away from everything and in a pot this year.

Back
Top Bottom