Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
I think most of you will remeber that about a year ago my sister got me olive trees, I thought I share how big they've gotten.

When I first got them.

Potted up.

Yesterday.

0.jpg
I think I just found a new way to keep the critters out of my garden next year! Check out his video behind the trellis he is building for his cuc's he has fishing line or something strung across his garden with cd's and pie tins flying around in the wind to make noise and keep the critters at bay! I am totally doing this come spring!

What sort of critters are eating your Veges? Yikes lol. I just get butterflies and fruit flies :)

I had the cabbage worms, grasshoppers, all the butterfly larve, stink bugs and everything else in between! I gave up. hahhaa I let them have it. Then what they didn't get the squirrels and birds got into. We had a mocking bird that keep trying to build a nest in the middle of my huge tomato cage that was holding 3 tomato plants up. My dh and I kept throwing the sticks out and he would yell at us like crazy and I yelled back it's not YOURS!!!! Even after we got some bird netting to go over the whole area the dang bird still tried to build a nest on top!

​I had the cabbage worms, grasshoppers, all the butterfly larve, stink bugs and everything else in between! I gave up. hahhaa I let them have it. Then what they didn't get the squirrels and birds got into. We had a mocking bird that keep trying to build a nest in the middle of my huge tomato cage that was holding 3 tomato plants up. My dh and I kept throwing the sticks out and he would yell at us like crazy and I yelled back it's not YOURS!!!! Even after we got some bird netting to go over the whole area the dang bird still tried to build a nest on top!

Wow, one determined bird!

0.jpg
I think I just found a new way to keep the critters out of my garden next year! Check out his video behind the trellis he is building for his cuc's he has fishing line or something strung across his garden with cd's and pie tins flying around in the wind to make noise and keep the critters at bay! I am totally doing this come spring!
WOW----this is what I need next summer!!!!!! Thanks for the share!!

WOW----this is what I need next summer!!!!!!  Thanks for the share!!
I have been putting up a critter fence all around the garden. It will be 4 foot high and a combination of fencing. I tie the pieces together with tie wire that is used in construction to tie steel reinforcement together. I will post pictures soon I hope. I have also been using scrap pipe for fence posts. It really doesn't look as bad as it sounds. I am going to run goats and chickens on it when the harvest is done.

Back
Top Bottom