BYC Glossary & Index of Abbreviations - Ideas and suggestions!

Thank you so much! As a complete newbie to BYC, this is extremely helpful.
thumbsup.gif

On the list of abbreviations, I only noticed one thing missing (guess technically it's 3), but when I was new to chickens and saw it I was lost and had to turn to Google. .lol..
But..BQ/SQ/PQ.. Breeder/Show/Pet Quality. .used a lot but almost unknown to some of us ;)

Pasteurized (apple) cider vinegar isn't getting any more vinegary because the bacteria were killed off. The raw, unpasteurized stuff is still "active". The brand we buy says "raw, unpasteurized" o the label, but not "active".... I've never heard it described that way and neither has the microbiologist in the family. I wonder if that's a regional thing? PS come to think of it, I once knew an old timer whose root cellar sometimes produced cherry or plum vinegars instead of whatever alcohol he was aiming for!

Last edited:
Really? Not Apple cider vinegar?
Well, it is apple ......and
Pasteurized (apple) cider vinegar isn't getting any more vinegary because the bacteria were killed off. The raw, unpasteurized stuff is still "active". The brand we buy says "raw, unpasteurized" o the label, but not "active".... I've never heard it described that way and neither has the microbiologist in the family. I wonder if that's a regional thing?
......'active' denotes a live mother is included.
No, it won't get more vinegary but the mother will continue to live and reproduce.
Another one of those things that gets confused...like 'deep litter'.
Have seen people use pasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom