BYC Guinea hen club

These Guinea were hatch out in late June 2013 how can you tell if male or female ????
one of them is laying an egg about every three days about twice the size of a quail egg ...

gander007
old.gif

My only guinea fowl I have is almost 6 years old. He's from the second batch we bought from a hatchery.
Our first batch we bought (2003) didn't go quite well because we were amateurs when it came to guineafowls.
We bought the second batch (2008) when our sole surviving male (4 years old) from the 1st batch was ran over by my mom, on accident of course, his name was Speedy Pete (ironic, i know :p)
That batch when very well for the most part. We had to sell some because of the limited space we had. But from their, we incubated our own keets and sold/kept some.
But then stupid foxes/raccoons started to kill the hens that went broody out in the wild, and also my mom did not like having them in the barn because they were too loud, so we had to sell most of them.

So now we just have Culvers. The lone survivor of the second batch. He is probably one of the sweetest guineas you will ever meet. He's a babe. :3a
Sorry, just had to tell my story of how I began to love guineas. :)

My only guinea fowl I have is almost 6 years old. He's from the second batch we bought from a hatchery.
Our first batch we bought (2003) didn't go quite well because we were amateurs when it came to guineafowls.
We bought the second batch (2008) when our sole surviving male (4 years old) from the 1st batch was ran over by my mom, on accident of course, his name was Speedy Pete (ironic, i know :p)
That batch when very well for the most part. We had to sell some because of the limited space we had. But from their, we incubated our own keets and sold/kept some.
But then stupid foxes/raccoons started to kill the hens that went broody out in the wild, and also my mom did not like having them in the barn because they were too loud, so we had to sell most of them.

So now we just have Culvers. The lone survivor of the second batch. He is probably one of the sweetest guineas you will ever meet. He's a babe. :3a
Sorry, just had to tell my story of how I began to love guineas. :)
goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom