BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
The 3 5 week olds were being loaded by me for the guy I hatched them for. I'm getting for the peafowl eggs I get tomorrow. Well I had 2 of them loaded in the carrier when the 3 one flew over my head and away he went! He is now residing in the hedge in front of my house. I hope he stays ok because I sure can't catch him. I tried! I put food and water for him. The other guineas beat him up when he comes out so he stays in the hedge!

My Guinea love the hedges but we call Stage Brush hedges if they grow around fences and don't blow away and become tumble weeds ...

But the Guinea live under there and use the thorns as protection I guess and also eat all the seeds and green leaves in the late winter when they are green .....

My Guinea love the hedges but we call Stage Brush hedges if they grow around fences and don't blow away and become tumble weeds ...

But the Guinea live under there and use the thorns as protection I guess and also eat all the seeds and green leaves in the late winter when they are green .....

It's a little bit greener here so the hedge is thick and green. I guess he'll come out one of these days. Maybe when he can take care if himself!

Quote:

Mine all like to roost up high except in the summer when the tops of buildings are just to hot ,,, so he stays in there to roost also .... interesting
wink.png

Hi everyone! This is my first time ever raising guineas. Today I just put 18 eggs in the incubator! I am excited, except for the part where they will be noisy... o well, if they eat the ticks they are worth it!

Back
Top Bottom