BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
My mother thought I didn't have enough guineas so this lady that she goes to church with and I get my fresh brown eggs from raises guineas. So guess what I now have 4.5 dozen guinea eggs and 4 peafowl eggs in my incubator! I really don't know what I am going to do with that many guineas!

My mother thought I didn't have enough guineas so this lady that she goes to church with and I get my fresh brown eggs from raises guineas. So guess what I now have 4.5 dozen guinea eggs and 4 peafowl eggs in my incubator! I really don't know what I am going to do with that many guineas!

Wow that is going to be interesting to see that many guinea running around need to see some photos after you hatch them out please keep us updated .....

I really hope you have some bugs in your neighborhood to feed them .......

Still waiting for my clutch to hatch out
jumpy.gif

Does anybody have experience with guineas and dogs. Do dogs usually catch them or are guineas too tough for the dogs. And if the dogs run them away will the guineas come back to what they think of as home

Last edited:
Does anybody have experience with guineas and dogs. Do dogs usually catch them or are guineas too tough for the dogs. And if the dogs run them away will the guineas come back to what they think of as home

It depends on the individual guineas and the individual dogs involved. Dogs that are chasers will chase guineas, some dogs can and do catch guineas and like me they think that guineas are delicious. My dog had her own enclosed yard and the guineas decided to fly into her yard. The others managed to fly out of her yard as she ate the one she caught.

Some guineas if they attack together can chase some dogs away. No guinea is too tough for the right dog.

If the dogs continually chase the guineas away eventually the guineas will not return.

Good luck.

Guess what I finally found my guineas nest! I expected it to be out in the woods somewhere. I was looking at my squash where I had added the bedding to I had cleaned out of their house. It was really growing good like past my knees good. And, low and behold I moved one of the leaves and there was a nest! It had 2 eggs in it. I think I'll leave it alone and see how many eggs are laid in it. I've got 4.5 dozen guinea eggs in the incubator now, so I'm full up.

Guess what I finally found my guineas nest! I expected it to be out in the woods somewhere. I was looking at my squash where I had added the bedding to I had cleaned out of their house. It was really growing good like past my knees good. And, low and behold I moved one of the leaves and there was a nest! It had 2 eggs in it. I think I'll leave it alone and see how many eggs are laid in it. I've got 4.5 dozen guinea eggs in the incubator now, so I'm full up.

Good luck on your hatch ....
thumbsup.gif

Hi everyone, I currently have some guinea eggs in the incubator and there are 10 days left until they hatch. Can someone tell me what day I should stop turning the eggs and switch them over to the hatcher? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom