BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
Finally, one of my guinea eggs has pipped! I think I will just sit at the incubator watching for awhile
big_smile.png

Congrats on your first pipper!!! But you may be sitting there for quite a while, and you know the old story about the watched pot...I had 4 or 5 all pipping at the same time, watched for a bit with very slow progress, had to walk away. A few hours later, they were all out and skittering all over the 'bator box! Maybe they like their privacy, who knows!

But did hatch out 23, and they all have good homes to go to, most go today, so will be busy, busy. Always so happy when they go to young families, the kids can learn so much about taking care of something so very tiny, and makes them feel important. They are so super adorable when they are so little, you just can't resist them. All of mine are doing great, so happy to have a healthy hatch.

Best of luck with yours, please update as things go along!

Congrats on your first pipper!!! But you may be sitting there for quite a while, and you know the old story about the watched pot...I had 4 or 5 all pipping at the same time, watched for a bit with very slow progress, had to walk away. A few hours later, they were all out and skittering all over the 'bator box! Maybe they like their privacy, who knows!

But did hatch out 23, and they all have good homes to go to, most go today, so will be busy, busy. Always so happy when they go to young families, the kids can learn so much about taking care of something so very tiny, and makes them feel important. They are so super adorable when they are so little, you just can't resist them. All of mine are doing great, so happy to have a healthy hatch.

Best of luck with yours, please update as things go along!
Will do! Still nothing new with the first pipper. There are two more that are shaking though but no external pip yet. Soon I hope. I don't want the first pipper to be all by itself when it does hatch.

Yay 7 lil guineas hatched and still 7 more to go! The first one came out last night around 9 o'clock and it took at least 14 hours until it finally hatched. Does anyone know what colors these are? First one to hatch

Second to hatch

Woke up to this lil guy looking out the glass door at me :p

They are becoming friends lol

Will this one stay white?

What color is this one?

Yay 7 lil guineas hatched and still 7 more to go! The first one came out last night around 9 o'clock and it took at least 14 hours until it finally hatched. Does anyone know what colors these are? First one to hatch

Second to hatch

Woke up to this lil guy looking out the glass door at me :p

They are becoming friends lol

Will this one stay white?

What color is this one?

Alright good job hatching
yesss.gif

So my keets have hatched, they're up the road I didn't hatch them but She thinks they'll be ready to come home tomorrow! I'm excited! These will be our first guineas! I have been given some great info but I have a few questions to ask again to be sure I'm doing things right. What temp should I keep them at and for how long and what not. And can I move them into a fenced pen when they outgrow their boxes? How much space should I keep per keet in the brooder? How old should they be before they go into their coop? Will they crowd the corners if there are any and have problems. Are there any issues it would want to keep a look out for? They hatched Sunday so they're just a few day old. I also have no clue what color they are I was lucky to find any eggs around here honestly, next year if I have luck coop training these guys I'm curious how you get them to lay where you can find them? Or is it just luck? We have a lot of predators and I'm hopeful to convince them where the best places for them are and have them live a long time! That said... How long do they live? Thanks!

Guess what I found when we got back from a weeks vacation? I locked up the guineas so my daughter didn't have to worry about them when she feed and watered. I found in the bird house a guinea nest with 35 eggs!!!!

Back
Top Bottom