BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
They are indeed habit forming! Hope you find buyers for them before winter. If you have a local magazine that everyone reads, I sold all of mine that way, put them online and had a list of people lined up. Big demand, but you want to get them out there to new homes quickly!

They are indeed habit forming! Hope you find buyers for them before winter. If you have a local magazine that everyone reads, I sold all of mine that way, put them online and had a list of people lined up. Big demand, but you want to get them out there to new homes quickly!

It probably will be winter time by the time they are fully feathered if they are just hatching now. I left mine go at ten weeks old and still don't want to roost anywhere outside like in trees they just sit on the ground. Also they don't want to go walk around in the yard or woods to look for bugs and other things, they just set by the pen waiting to be fed. I got rid of some by taking them to the local auction. I don't know, this is my first time raising them and to me it seems like they aren't very smart. I know I am not going to hatch them again. I'm just going to let the ones I have left naturally hatch some out on their own.

It probably will be winter time by the time they are fully feathered if they are just hatching now. I left mine go at ten weeks old and still don't want to roost anywhere outside like in trees they just sit on the ground. Also they don't want to go walk around in the yard or woods to look for bugs and other things, they just set by the pen waiting to be fed. I got rid of some by taking them to the local auction. I don't know, this is my first time raising them and to me it seems like they aren't very smart. I know I am not going to hatch them again. I'm just going to let the ones I have left naturally hatch some out on their own.

Be careful they will make their nest in the remotest, most inexcessable place they can find. They think they are hide but a predator can find them. So I keep my hens up while they are laying. Mine can't wait to be let out each morning to free range. They come back every evening to be fed and be locked up!

Be careful they will make their nest in the remotest, most inexcessable place they can find. They think they are hide but a predator can find them. So I keep my hens up while they are laying. Mine can't wait to be let out each morning to free range. They come back every evening to be fed and be locked up!

I'm just going to let mine be and do whatever they want. I'm going to stick with chickens for my main priority :)

I am hatching my first batch of guinea eggs and so far love it can't wait to do it again but was wondering I candled at day 23 and out of 12 eggs 7 were looking good. I locked down and increased the humidity. The very next day I had a keet then on day 26 another keet hatched and now on day 28 another keet hatched. I have heard or seen nothing from the remaining 4 eggs. I am just wondering why they would be spaced out like that and how long should I go until its a safe bet that there will be no more hatching. Thank you for any input.

I am hatching my first batch of guinea eggs and so far love it can't wait to do it again but was wondering I candled at day 23 and out of 12 eggs 7 were looking good. I locked down and increased the humidity. The very next day I had a keet then on day 26 another keet hatched and now on day 28 another keet hatched. I have heard or seen nothing from the remaining 4 eggs. I am just wondering why they would be spaced out like that and how long should I go until its a safe bet that there will be no more hatching. Thank you for any input.

You can never tell! i've had a 50% hatch rate. One day it looks like a have movement in all the eggs the next day about half. This year has been a bad year for hatching. I've never had more than 1 hatch at a time, but over several hours I've had 19. You'll have some hatch early, but about the 29th day you can figure all that are going to hatch have.

margret8, do you have any pictures yet of your little one's ?????????

I just might be in the market looking to replace my hen so ?????????

Back
Top Bottom