BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
I have a total of 46, but only 2 lavender ones!

Well mine have the sniffles now :( . Clear mucous now & again. Usually from only one nostril. Sometimes they get clogged & one will breath out its mouth for a min, but it goes back to normal. No other symptoms. The first infected, a rooster, who's had it for about 3 weeks soon, still has no new symptoms either. Still eating & drinking as usual. Alert. But clear runny nose. Everyone's poo looking ok. Waiting on test results to come back, but I can't figure it out.
I just hate that my lavender pair caught it though. If its is some horrible resp disease. I have been pouring over research, threads, forums and all the illnesses I've come across aren't this mild with only a couple symptoms....wth man!!!
barnie.gif

Is this little girly (think she's a girl) lavender? 2 pictures of her.

This guinea has spots in lines.

This guinea has lines, what does this mean?

Last edited:
Well mine have the sniffles now :( . Clear mucous now & again. Usually from only one nostril. Sometimes they get clogged & one will breath out its mouth for a min, but it goes back to normal. No other symptoms. The first infected, a rooster, who's had it for about 3 weeks soon, still has no new symptoms either. Still eating & drinking as usual. Alert. But clear runny nose. Everyone's poo looking ok. Waiting on test results to come back, but I can't figure it out.
I just hate that my lavender pair caught it though. If its is some horrible resp disease. I have been pouring over research, threads, forums and all the illnesses I've come across aren't this mild with only a couple symptoms....wth man!!!  :barnie

Have you tried an antibiotic?

Is this little girly (think she's a girl) lavender? 2 pictures of her. This guinea has spots in lines. This guinea has lines, what does this mean?
The first 2 pix are of lavender guinea and the first pix is a hen. The third is a grey guinea. The last one is part grey guinea and part lavender guinea from as near as I can tell from the pix.

The first 2 pictures are of the same bird, I am glad to know she is a hen and a lavender. I was pretty sure she was both. LOL I am pretty sure I have one male but it's possible that there is more than one, just one I am reasonably sure of.

And the guineas with the lines are a mix of greys and lavenders?

The lady I bought the eggs from let her guineas run loose in the yard so getting a bird that looks purebred lavender is great! Understand, I don't object to her letting them run loose, I plan on doing that myself. Unless I get something special, like chocolates. LOL

Back
Top Bottom