BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
I will try to get a picture later but has anyone ever seen a keet that is generally a blonde color with a grey/brown head, no stripes at all and a buff color running from the back of the head down to the tail? Wings are the blonde color, chin, neck, belly and bottom are the blonde color. Legs are orange and most of the beak looks orange, though not as bright an orange as the legs. Under the wings is the color of the head, then white(?) and more of the head color.

I will try to get a picture later but has anyone ever seen a keet that is generally a blonde color with a grey/brown head, no stripes at all and a buff color running from the back of the head down to the tail? Wings are the blonde color, chin, neck, belly and bottom are the blonde color. Legs are orange and most of the beak looks orange, though not as bright an orange as the legs. Under the wings is the color of the head, then white(?) and more of the head color.

It may be a hybrid. Would definitely like to see pictures!!!

I have sick guinea. It is about 3 mo old. All of my birds have been wormed about 2 weeks ago. It is fuzzed up and it is gasping for breath.

MY guinea died. I took him to OSU for a necropsy. He had been wormed and seemed healthy, I'll be curious to see what they come up with. I kept him isolated away from the other birds.

Sorry to hear your loss we hope it. was the only sick bird,please let us know if u find out anything,our Day was blessed with 16 new keets in the garden,so we now have the brooder going again,free ranging guineas always full of suprises

Sorry to hear your loss we hope it. was the only sick bird,please let us know if u find out anything,our Day was blessed with 16 new keets in the garden,so we now have the brooder going again,free ranging guineas always full of suprises

I just found a nest with 8 eggs, my hens are still laying and I've got 29 eggs in the incubator! The keet that I lost was 3 mo old. All the other ones seem fine.

Preliminary results: they found 3 bacterial infections. I will get the final results this week. They haven't given me a definitive cause of death. According to the vet the lungs were clear so I don't think the bacteria was the cause of death.

Back
Top Bottom