BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
They can be bullies..small numbers are better...but they are good watch dogs. . Good eating if nothing else... I have 6..4 pearl and 2 lavender..talking all the time..

They can be bullies..small numbers are better...but they are good watch dogs. . Good eating if nothing else... I have 6..4 pearl and 2 lavender..talking all the time..

I have 44 you talk about noise when they see a predator or somebody comes up. I also know when they want back in their pen to eat! They get rather impatient when they are hungery!

because you say they make bad mothers so i was wondering if a chicken mother could raise them

Normally chicken hens make better mothers than guinea hens because they don't tend to have the wanderlust that guinea hens have.

Here is my chicken hen with her hatch. I had given her 10 guinea eggs and on day 26 she hatched all 10 eggs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/699789/wyoming-unite/310#post_13926784

Even guinea hens can be good mothers under the right circumstances. They are definitely very protective of their keets but they need to be confined to an area where they can be prevented from dragging the keets through wet grass.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom