BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
Do you think guineas would be ok in a residential neighbourhood that does not allow chickens or other farm animals please suggest any other poultry that we could maybe have. I personally kinda want bobwhites
Guineas can be loud. If they do not allow chickens guineas would be out of the question also. (they would be considered farm animals) If a neighborhood doesn't allow poultry/farm animals you usually aren't going to be able to have any kind of animal except the usual dogs, cats, etc...

I love my guineas so much they interact well with my chickens and they are all penned up together now but my guineas haven't started laying yet

Guineas are fair game for g
Big preditory birds. You would need to keep then penned up in an enclosure with atop on it if you planed on having both!

oh yes I see what you mean i was planning on free ranging them but by state falconry regulations (any state) you have to keep you eagle or any bird of prey in a mews (basically a shed or building that the hawk lives in) unless hunting or training or just having it out if the mews just because. Any way i would just keep them seperate from each other most of the time.

someday since I would like to have a large property somewhere (a ranch of sorts) with all kinds of animals like shetland ponies I had an idea for a leather almost saddle like thing for its back that has a perch attached to it so my pony could carry my hawk.

I've got one hen that has been sitting pretty steady for the last week or two, the other one seems like she is there "helping". They are both on a nest. So, now I wait with my fingers crossed.

Is the egg on the right a guinea egg because I'm new to this and mine should start laying soon

Back
Top Bottom