BYC Guinea hen club

Pics
I have two guniea hens and they lay every day. One has stopped laying so ate they like chickens and lay sporadically? Or is something wrong with her? I have had them about a month and am a novice. I k ow more about chickens. Also any pointers you can give me is much appreciated.

I have two guniea hens and they lay every day. One has stopped laying so ate they like chickens and lay sporadically? Or is something wrong with her? I have had them about a month and am a novice. I k ow more about chickens. Also any pointers you can give me is much appreciated.

Does she have eggs in her nest? If so she may be getting broody!

No eggs in the nesting boxes just a few golf balls for the chickens. She seems to be acting normal. Do they require anything special in their diet as they get what the chickens eat? I wondered if they lay like the chickens do maybe every other day. Thanks

No eggs in the nesting boxes just a few golf balls for the chickens. She seems to be acting normal. Do they require anything special in their diet as they get what the chickens eat? I wondered if they lay like the chickens do maybe every other day. Thanks

Yep mine do! I've got almost 200 guinea eggs and 3 pea egg in the cabinet incubator! I feed them 18% protein laying pellets, and after they lay each day I let them free range. So to add to what they eat bugs, grass, etc.

Oops, missed!

Thanks Margaret8 for the information. Do you eat the eggs, and if so how are they in comparison to chicken eggs?

Back
Top Bottom