BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Wow! I just looked through this whole thread (from page one to here...) I just started knitting tonight for the first time ever. I am so glad I found this thread!
wee.gif

Hello all
smile.png
sorry I've been busy yesterday and today but I'm back to my internet!
big_smile.png
I'm very excited we have a knitting thread on BYC! I'm just knitting for some fun and relaxation right now, but I'm slowly working on a few projects at different times. I'm still working on some baby booties and now I'm just knitting for some fun (with long needles so I might try to turn that into a purse!) I just went on a three hour car ride so I was able to make one baby bootie! It's amazing what you can do with yarn, needles and time! I've always been crafty and I'm pretty sure I get that from my grandma. She's always sewing, crocheting and what-not.
smile.png
I'll have to post some pics sometime but I'm interested in seeing some pics of everyone else's projects!
thumbsup.gif

Photos everyone - photos!!!
ya.gif

I started playing around last night with making a skinny scarf from one ball of yarn. I am doing a simple garter stitch and then am doing a loop stitch at the end of each row. It's making me a little more relaxed right now, so it serves the purpose! My BF groans about not having a handmade sweater every time he sees me knitting something, though.

82602_002.jpg

Quote:
Hello,
I haven't been on here lately but I third the call for Ravelry. There are a flock of people there that have great patterns and advice. At first it's a little intimidateing but once you start looking around you're like a kid in a candy store. If you sign up you can save patterns for future reference and so on.
They have forums there. I belong to one that is called "cluck! cluck! feathers & yarn!" for all of us that love our chickens and fiber...
It might be worth a look.
I am working on a shawl from Crystal Palace called "Panda Silk DK Fan shawl", in the Denim colorway, because it's almost fall and I want a shawl for those cool evenings..It's modular knitting, which I have never done, but it's quite easy if you know how to pick up stitches. I have 4 of the modules done.. only 18 more to go!!!
I'm glad to see that people are coming back to this site for the knitting club.

Ok... I have an issue. I really do.

We just went out shopping for my DBF's birthday. He got new work boots, sneakers (Famous Footwear has their buy one get one half off deal right now), jeans, a couple tops/hoodies (Old Navy is running a great sale), and we went to the book store. We were passing Michael's... and I wanted just one ball of yarn. Just one.
roll.png

I left with five different balls of yarn for five different small scarf projects.

Someone please tell me that I'm not allowed to buy more yarn until I use up what I have. Pleaaaaase?
barnie.gif

Quote:
Sorry, no can do.

They don't call me the Fiber Enabler for nuttin'.

I also went to your farm page and looked at what you sell.
rant.gif
lol I want some wool to spin with (the alpaca is driving me nuts) and some of your handspun yarn. I want I want I want!

Quote:
Dont you realize that those who created chicken math started with fiber math?
tongue.png

Now if I could just finish some projects!!!

Back
Top Bottom