BYC KNITTING CLUB

If you're a loose knitter, it's easier for DPNs to slip out. I'm a loose knitter.
big_smile.png

Wood needles usually have more grip than metal needles. You can also try not to swing the work around as much and keep it more stable. Resting it on a table top or desk that you sit at, on top of a pillow in your lap or on top of a pillow on a table top can help. Those all help me.

My favorite thing to do is use circulars whenever possible and only use the DPNs when I absolutely have to. There's even a technique for knitting socks with a pair of circular needles. You could also check that out.

My problem with DPN's is that I have a hole where they join. I've tried pulling that one tight and the next too, but then I end up with all the stitches being too tight.

That was my problem, too. That is why I started knitting the cast-on end of the tail in to the first 3-4 stitches of the next row. For some reason that has helped a lot, and it is one less string to bury later.
I also find that having the needles flat on my lap, a pillow, table, etc., makes it easier to not leave a space between the needles that is wide enough to cause this problem. I also try to stack my needles with the tips stacked over, then under the ends of the needles I am not working.
I hope this helps.

I have been knitting hats like mad.

The one I am doing now looks like a candy corn and I will have to decrease. I am going to have to go and buy some size 13 DPNs since I don't carry them.

I have also done several that are knitted in the round, but finished off square so when you put it on your round head it looks like you have cat ears!
lol.png

I've searched up how to use DPN on youtube because that's pretty much where i learn all of my knitting stuff. Every thing I've searched up for knitting with DPNs talks about dividing the stitches evenly and then how to actually knit with them. I don't know how to split them up!! I know it is kinda foolish but I can't! Help me!!
smile.png

If you have 5 needles, divide the number of stitches in 4 and put 1/4 on each DPN. Then you knit with the 5th needle.

If you have 4 needles, divide your stitches in 3 and knit with the 4th. There doesn't have to be an exact even number of stitches on each needle, just close enough.

Back
Top Bottom