BYC Member Interview - Nifty-Chicken

Wait, you tried to sell dirt???
th.gif

Cyn, you crack me up.

I was reading...blah....blah...blah....HE TRIED TO SELL DIRT! Too cute - I can just see you as a little tike, Rob, talking up the benefits of the crumbly black stuff!
thumbsup.gif

Nice interview Rob. Holy cow, did you eat ALL that ice cream in the fourth pic? LOLOL.

Hahaha... I don't maintain this figure eating rice cakes!

Wait, you tried to sell dirt???
th.gif
Well, we could use a few yards of topsoil, if you deliver.
lol.png

haha! Well, the dirt I sold, you probably wouldn't want... My dad was a plastering / stucco contractor. When I was really young (like 4 or 5) I saw that my dad had extra stucco after some of his jobs. There was one pile of it that had deteriorated and was like powder / dirt. I thought, "People pay daddy to put this stuff on their houses, so it must be valuable!" I took pages of an old yellowpages phonebook, folded them into little packets / envelopes, filled them with this stucco dirt, and taped it closed. I then went door-to-door trying to sell my packets of fancy dirt.

Thank goodness that our neighbors are good people... they willingly paid the $0.01 I was charging per bag in an effort to support my growing business.
big_smile.png

Wow, thanks so much for all the great comments everybody! I love BYC and both the site and the members have become a HUGE part of my life over the years!

haha! Well, the dirt I sold, you probably wouldn't want... My dad was a plastering / stucco contractor. When I was really young (like 4 or 5) I saw that my dad had extra stucco after some of his jobs. There was one pile of it that had deteriorated and was like powder / dirt. I thought, "People pay daddy to put this stuff on their houses, so it must be valuable!" I took pages of an old yellowpages phonebook, folded them into little packets / envelopes, filled them with this stucco dirt, and taped it closed. I then went door-to-door trying to sell my packets of fancy dirt.

Thank goodness that our neighbors are good people... they willingly paid the $0.01 I was charging per bag in an effort to support my growing business.
big_smile.png
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

This is just TOO funny!!

Thanks!

Ya, I did all kinds of stuff to make money as a kid. When I was about 9 years old we got one of the first Macintosh computers ever built. I used it's draw / paint program to create a services price sheet... like $0.25 to rake leaves, $0.50 to wash a car, etc. I still see the kind old lady on our street that used to buy my services. I used to think she was just really nice for buying my services, but now I'm realizing she got a REALLY good price, even if the work was kinda shotty!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom