BYC Member Interview - U_Stormcrow

Well, I enjoy all the systematic approaches you routinely drop in here. I particularly like the way you take all that time to document why you think a given thing and often provide scholarly sources for the things you say. It's been really nice reading your work, and I enjoy the culling project a lot. Even if it's not as fast as a modern breeding project might be, it's a lot more accurate to historical development of landraces, and you're still preserving a lot more neutral genetic variation in the population than you would with a more tightly-bred project--which can be quite useful if conditions unexpectedly change under you.

I've known you were an INTJ since the first post of yours I happened to read @U_Stormcrow ... this just confirms it.
Patterns + Systems + Empirical Data + Lesser prioritization of feelings (not necessarily a negative).

Feel free to disagree about typology anytime, although there is finally some evidence in the form of Dr. Dario Nardi's EEG studies that show an 80% similarity in brain waves among individuals of the same type (only 20% similarity with random strangers).

I've known you were an INTJ since the first post of yours I happened to read @U_Stormcrow ... this just confirms it.
Patterns + Systems + Empirical Data + Lesser prioritization of feelings (not necessarily a negative).

Feel free to disagree about typology anytime, although there is finally some evidence in the form of Dr. Dario Nardi's EEG studies that show an 80% similarity in brain waves among individuals of the same type (only 20% similarity with random strangers).
I'm only vaguely familiar with Briggs Meyers but the fit is pretty good, as I understand it.

I'm only vaguely familiar with Briggs Meyers but the fit is pretty good, as I understand it.

Cool beans. I find it useful for us oddballs, though I'm a different type of weird than you :p it's interesting to know.
MBTI is the simplified user-friendly form that ventures too far into stereotypes (what people do / choose). The Jungian functions themselves are more useful for those of us that use Ni and can more easily map it out (how people process).
If I could be any other type it would be an INTJ because you guys can translate your weirdness into real-world applicable, useful pursuits.

Cool beans. I find it useful for us oddballs, though I'm a different type of weird than you :p it's interesting to know.
MBTI is the simplified user-friendly form that ventures too far into stereotypes (what people do / choose). The Jungian functions themselves are more useful for those of us that use Ni and can more easily map it out (how people process).
If I could be any other type it would be an INTJ because you guys can translate your weirdness into real-world applicable, useful pursuits.

Honestly, I prefer "high functioning screw up", but if you want to be polite about it, yes. I did eventually find ways to put my less valued character traits to productive use - as long as I can limit my social exposure to brief interactions, i get by.

Back
Top Bottom