BYC newbie

3acres

Songster
7 Years
Jan 19, 2013
Missouri
Just wanted to say hello and to thank everyone for posting all this great info on here!!! I have and am learning a ton! I got my first 6 chickens a little over a year ago.....3 older Red Star and 3 about to lay Barred Rocks. Then came home from the feed store with 2 Black Star chicks, 2 RIR chicks and a ??? chick one day. Then a Barred Rock hen went broody and I got two Red Star/RIR pullets and 2 BR/RIR roos out of that. .....and I'm about to order a few more and come home from the feed store again with a few....
big_smile.png

Thanks again!

....a few pics I grabbed that I had handy....not in any order.

Hi and :welcome

Wow, that's a lot of chickens. They look lovely. I love the pictures of your chicks... but then again I love most pictures of chicks. :lol: I see you give your birds watermelon too, seems to be a good way of getting them through the summer :p

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You have some beautiful birds! Like the goat too
tongue.png

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

Wow, that's a lot of chickens. They look lovely. I love the pictures of your chicks... but then again I love most pictures of chicks.
lol.png
I see you give your birds watermelon too, seems to be a good way of getting them through the summer
tongue.png

Thanks! Being able to come home with chicks that one day was great and a long time coming...
smile.png
.....then having that hen hatch out those and watch her raise them was one of the neatest things I've experienced....
big_smile.png
. I like looking at pics of chicks too....hard not to smile! My girls absolutey love watermelon!...then followed by green beans.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You have some beautiful birds! Like the goat too
tongue.png

Thanks! Yeah, I have 3 doe pygmy/nigerian dwarf crosses and that is my buck, Jax....they're a hoot! ...and I have cows, horses, a mule, a pot bellied pig, 5 dogs, 3 rabbits, cats, fish.....
big_smile.png

Greetings from Kansas, 3acres, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Great looking birds you have there! Best of luck to you - enjoy your flock!

Thanks! Thanks to this place, I'm learning more and more everyday to do all I can to make them happy!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Nice to see green grass. Love the goat!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the green grass to come back! .....go goaties...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom