BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

amyquilt

Serama Mama
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Amarillo, TX
There's been talk over on the crochet thread, so I thought I'd start up this club!

Come one come all!!

If you sew and/or quilt or want to learn, join in all the chatter here!

Tell us about your projects, UFO's, and the like!

Enjoy everyone!

Last edited:
WOW! That's beautiful!

Thought I'd share a couple of pics I took this weekend. My 8 year old granddaughter asked me to teach her to make a quilt. I thought she wanted to make a doll quilt so I brought in a box of old half square triangles I whipped out several years ago and one of my Featherweight machines. As she was pressing the seams, she told me that she didn't want to make a doll quilt, she wanted to make a quilt that her little sister (3 year old Kendra) could use on her lap in her wheelchair or in her car seat. She reminded me that with limited nerves to her legs and no nerves to her feet, Kendra's legs can get cold without her even realizing she IS cold. So back to the drawing board. We went back out to the sewing camper and Katie chose some purples. Then we cut strips and she spent the day learning to use a sewing machine all by herself. Oh, and she thought the Featherweight was cute but she really eyed my Elna. Turned out that was a little better for her to learn on anyway, with the needle down function and being able to set the speed for her.

Katie working on her "Rail Fence" quilt for her baby sister. She wants to give it to Kendra for Christmas.

Pressing seams on the later rejected half square triangles.

And just for grins and giggles, this is my oldest granddaughter when she was 6, making her first quilt. If you've ever visited BigHornQuilts.com, there's a photo of Little Diane with her first quilt there - if the web site is still up. Julie is selling or has sold the business.

Silly little girl. Just attended her wedding last month. Where does the time go?

Beautiful! She'll treasure it always!! I made one for my niece's daughter when she was born. Lauren is now preparing for college and her quilt is already packed. It's tattered and in a few places the batting is coming out. I offered to repair it for her when we were back in South Dakota this summer, but she just smiled and said, "No thanks, Auntie It's earned every one of those battle scars." Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

I zoomed in on a couple of the blocks, I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not. This I sent out to be machine quilted, and they did leaves and vines which I thought was really nice for this quilt.

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

Opinions please... Tumbling blocks with the butterfly background or plain lime green. The green is actually the same color as the lime green butterflies. Whiscever one I don't use as the background will be used as the back of the quilt. Thanks.

Wow, that looks awesome!
thumbsup.gif

I just pieced the hardest quilt top I have ever done. It's for my sister's 50th birthday. I have just a little over 3 weeks to get it finished.
th.gif
Hopefully she will like it. My DH says that all the little flaws and imperfections make a homemade quilt more unique and adds more character. Well this one sure is unique and has a lot of character
wink.png

LL

Last edited:
Thank you Kassaundra. I think I just read through 80 or so posts on the fall color swap. I can't wait to see when some one posts all of the blocks they received from that swap. I think I will follow some threads and jump on a new swap after the signature block and red/white/blue.

Even the swaps I don't actually participate in I generally keep an eye on and follow and a lot of times join in the conversations. Most times when a new swap is started katsdar (she is just usually the one heading up the quilting swaps) posts links on the current or just finished swaps. Cathiesue has been talking about heading up a chicken block one, but I haven't seen it start yet.

Back
Top Bottom