CaboodlesChicks Chatting Thread

Pics
Looking for advise my chicks are about 3 weeks old an noticing a lot of them with poop on thier vents (pasty vent) been concerned had 1 die already..i clean them but keeps reappearing i feed medicaded starter since i bought them an i put a capful of acv in thier water as suggested by a lady at tractor Supply nothing seems to be working please help

Looking for advise my chicks are about 3 weeks old an noticing a lot of them with poop on thier vents (pasty vent) been concerned had 1 die already..i clean them but keeps reappearing i feed medicaded starter since i bought them an i put a capful of acv in thier water as suggested by a lady at tractor Supply nothing seems to be working please help

Welcome to BYC Wendy!

I would recommend Posting on the Emergencies, Injuries and Cures forum.

Keep running there rears under lukewarm water.NEVER cold or hot water it could hurt them.Keep doing it till its gone.Get them some electrolytes and mix it in a gallon of water and give it to them.

To me it sounds like a bad case of Pasty Butt.

I have heard of people giving their chicks oats to help there poop not stick as bad. But I've never tried it so I'm not sure about it.

Thank you for the edited photo of my Hermione. It is so sweet. Poor Hermione died just the day before yesterday. My husband forgot to lock the coop and she got out and couldn't get back in and froze to death. I was so upset to find her there in the morning. Having this picture brightened my day. It is now my facebook cover photo.

Thank you for the edited photo of my Hermione. It is so sweet. Poor Hermione died just the day before yesterday. My husband forgot to lock the coop and she got out and couldn't get back in and froze to death. I was so upset to find her there in the morning. Having this picture brightened my day. It is now my facebook cover photo.

Oh, that's awful. I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

That's terrible. :hit I'm so sorry to hear of your premature loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom