Cackle Hatchery

I got my first chickens last yr from Cackle. I lost 1 to pasty but about 2 weeks later and I had one at about a month old slip a tendon and we couldn't get it to heal. Neither was Cackles fault it was ours being newbies and not having the knowledge. My birds are all very docile and beautiful. I would order from them again in heartbeat!

WooHooo Cackle! Got 100 Frypan Special and 25 EE's in from them today. Nice mixture of colors in both orders. All big, plump, active, alert, healthy chicks. Eating and drinking well. Beautiful chickie babies.

My local feedstore only orders from Cackle. I buy several from him each year and they are excellent birds - the EEs they sell have Salmon Favorelle in them (I'm pretty sure, anyway) and are amazing winter layers.

EDIT TO ADD: The baby in my user picture was from Cackle. She's one of my best layers. :)

Last edited:
My Cackle CX meaties were great! Went to process today, at 11wks +1day old. Average processed weight was 6 lbs. One was as small as 5lbs, but 10 were 7 to 8 lbs. NO issues with flip, nor did any appear to have any joint or leg issues. All were healthy & did well outside in their porta-coop or free ranging.
Extremely happy with these birds! Also ordered 5 Delawares along with the CX. They are all doing well, healthy & content, very docile. All beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom