Cage for coturnix quail

On that cage, I would put no more than 4 quail in there. The cage that I would really like is this one that is 30 x 36 (you have to buy the litter pan and framing kit separately); I would put no more than 8 quail in one of those cages. I originally didn't display it because "as it is" it doesn't represent the concept I was trying to show, and I wasn't sure if everyone would understand that there was more to the set up that wasn't being displayed. I don't recommend using this set up in an open area. I have a chain link fence around my yard and still had to move them. Like I said earlier, I keep my quail in my shed to better protect them from irresponsible pet owners who allow their pets/predators to roam freely. I lost one hen when a cat was able to reach through an egg tray and pull her head close enough to bite off. I've been relocating cats ever since.
James

Thank you for all the help. I am sorry if I came across as unwilling to accept advice. My intention was to put this cage in my backyard shed, but my chief concern is that a determined raccoon could find his way inside the shed. I like your suggestion for the home rig house as it is cheap and looks well built. I would appreciate any reviews on it. I do realize that my remark about rabbit cages came across as a little harsh, and am sorry for that. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom