California - Northern

Liner in place.

Frame for drainage built and ready to be mounted.... Woot!

Does anyone know of anyone who builds affordable coops or needs to regime a coop???? I was working to try to rehab the huge 600sf coop in the back of our property but its not working, there are structural issues that we didnt know about, and I am not a builder! I have tried! The coop was not habitable :-(
Our peeps are getting big and will out grown my living room shortly. If anyone has any direction I would appreciate it.

Does anyone know of anyone who builds affordable coops or needs to regime a coop???? I was working to try to rehab the huge 600sf coop in the back of our property but its not working, there are structural issues that we didnt know about, and I am not a builder! I have tried! The coop was not habitable :-(
Our peeps are getting big and will out grown my living room shortly. If anyone has any direction I would appreciate it.

Check with Miss Molly or Capayvalleychick.

Molly's husband makes redwood coops and Kim's husband is a contractor.

At what age will I be able to tell if this little chick is a male or female? Silver Polish...It's about 2 weeks old now.
As soon as the crest feathers start coming in, you can tell. With a SL polish, the crest on a male will start as a white feather with black down the middle. On a female, it will be a white feather with black around the edge.
Male

On a female, the crest feathers will look like the wing feathers above.

This bird is a little older, but you can see the markings much sooner than this.

Hey guys. I'm sorry to pop in looking for help but my husband has been out of town for work and it's been me with all the kids, animals, sick dog etc. LOL

Yesterday I noted one of my Leghorns is limping around a LOT. Today it's even more marked and her tail is down. She stays with the flock but it's a struggle. I have NO idea what is wrong with her. NONE of the other chickens are low, limping or ANYthing. She still laid an egg today and her egg is lovely and perfect. I checked her feet for bumble and see nice clean healthy looking feet.

Anyone have ANY other ideas? My dog does not run free and I do not believe any stray dogs can get into my yard...I am at a serious loss right now and I feel really bad for her.

Hey guys. I'm sorry to pop in looking for help but my husband has been out of town for work and it's been me with all the kids, animals, sick dog etc. LOL

Yesterday I noted one of my Leghorns is limping around a LOT. Today it's even more marked and her tail is down. She stays with the flock but it's a struggle. I have NO idea what is wrong with her. NONE of the other chickens are low, limping or ANYthing. She still laid an egg today and her egg is lovely and perfect. I checked her feet for bumble and see nice clean healthy looking feet.

Anyone have ANY other ideas? My dog does not run free and I do not believe any stray dogs can get into my yard...I am at a serious loss right now and I feel really bad for her.

hugs.gif
I am very sorry to hear that!

Laying an egg suggests it is not an illness, so it is probably an injury. Check her over carefully for cuts and etc. I hope she did not break a bone.

If her feet are OK she could have pulled a muscle. Speedy did that and limped for a month. He was fine however. I'd feel her in the coop tonight and make sure there are no lumps or broken bones.

Back
Top Bottom