California - Northern

Quote:
Thanks, number two just pipped. Now all I need is for the three of them to pop out!
fl.gif

I found this picture on the Guinea Fowl International Website. These are listed as Royal Purple. The second one is one of the ones I just hatched. Do you think they look like the same?

Well thank you for the information ..

I have had only one EE who produced a pail blue egg and she is long gone but I would really like to acquire another blue egg producing hen any suggestions on who might be able to help me out in that department ..

Legbars lay a nice clear, large blue egg and they are auto-sexing. I have some hens I'm going to be selling (whites and creams), but I think you might be a bit far from me.

Also araucanas.

You might want to check into them. Legbars should be pure most anywhere you find them, but don't buy araucana from a feedstore, they would actually be EE and most likely lay a greenish egg.

Well thank you for the information ..

I have had only one EE who produced a pail blue egg and she is long gone but I would really like to acquire another blue egg producing hen any suggestions on who might be able to help me out in that department ..

I had shipping eggs shipped from @caj1985 last year. She packs well and the cost is reasonable.

The Arkansas Blues are a cross of Leghorns and Araucana. There are no Brown egg coat genes involved so they will not have green in them.

Legbars lay a nice clear, large blue egg and they are auto-sexing. I have some hens I'm going to be selling (whites and creams), but I think you might be a bit far from me.

Also araucanas.

You might want to check into them. Legbars should be pure most anywhere you find them, but don't buy araucana from a feedstore, they would actually be EE and most likely lay a greenish egg.

Araucanas and Cream Legbars are a good choice.

Some have reported green in the Cream Legbars so make sure you get chicks or eggs form someone like Deb that has true blue layers. I think @juststruttin can hook you up with them too.

Back
Top Bottom