California - Northern

'Tis so much simpler to pull "extra" eggs out from under a broody when the ones she's supposed to be setting are a color you don't have yet! I'm amazed that Frieda can fully cover a full dozen.

I am encouraged by those of you who have roosters sharing space. I want badly to keep my Langshan mix boy that I hatched from an egg I got from @PetRock He is the one who had the unabsorbed egg sac. He is just about 3.5 months old and isn't crowing or anything and the other boys aren't mean to him. Are there any tips for making it work?
I would love to see a new pic of him! We are moving & rearranging breeding pens on Sat. I'm looking forward to hatching some Langshan!

Once you have given a chicken Baytril, you should never eat her eggs or meat. Baytril is banned in use in poultry because it causes antibiotic resistance in humans. This is a serious issue and should not be ignored.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/RecallsWithdrawals/ucm042004.htm

I believe you shared that info before but our chickens are more pets than utility and we don't eat them. But it's good to share this info w/ those who need to know this. All info is good to catalog!

So duck math is hitting. I have the chickens I love but need one of the Metzer hybrid 300 for my muscovy duck pen. Anyone have them?

I am encouraged by those of you who have roosters sharing space. I want badly to keep my Langshan mix boy that I hatched from an egg I got from @PetRock He is the one who had the unabsorbed egg sac. He is just about 3.5 months old and isn't crowing or anything and the other boys aren't mean to him. Are there any tips for making it work?
Space, and don't be too quick to interfere in minor squabbles. Like someone else said, the dominant rooster needs to be able to school him so he will know his place in order to get by peacefully.

I am encouraged by those of you who have roosters sharing space.   I want badly to keep my Langshan mix boy that I hatched from an egg I got from @PetRock
 He is the one who had the unabsorbed egg sac.  He is just about 3.5 months old and isn't crowing or anything and the other boys aren't mean to him.   Are there any tips for making it work?

I have 4?( still holding out hope) austrolorp cockerels that share run space with my beastly AM roo. They are just over two months old and have been in their own coop inside the run since we got them around a month ago. He pays them almost no mind. The girls are actually meaner to the entire set of 6 then he is to any of the boys.

I always get so excited for everyone who hatches new birds!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting for some chicken eggs to hatch under my goose but she keeps breaking them accidentally & she can't hatch her own because they aren't fertile.......sigh why can't Muscovies get geese fertile I mean they hatch relatively close in the time amount and are close in specie and they mate more then enough? I know scientifically there are probably many reasons why the two species can't intertwine but I was just hoping I would get a special batch of mixes :p those would be very unique I must say an african goose and a muscovy :lau

Back
Top Bottom