California - Northern

Old hens are goofy! I considered it a Christmas miracle when I got a egg on the 24th from my 7 year old hens. Today I got 2 eggs. We have 8 inches of snow on the ground and 36 was our high temp today. I guess they are enjoying the greenhouse plastic I wrapped the runs with.

Wow, 8 inches, that is a lot.

Old hens are goofy! I considered it a Christmas miracle when I got a egg on the 24th from my 7 year old hens. Today I got 2 eggs. We have 8 inches of snow on the ground and 36 was our high temp today. I guess they are enjoying the greenhouse plastic I wrapped the runs with.

I do not think my 7 year olds are laying egg! That is a miracle for sure.

It is raining now?

@OR4-hmom, that is a christmas miracle! My girls seem to prefer cold over heat. It's been pouring rain and they just hang out even getting soaking wet!

We were without power for 13 hours. By the time this storm blew over we got 16 inches of snow. Since they plowed the roads we have an inch of packed snow/ice. It took me 45 minutes to drive the 13 miles to work. Never driven with chains before, they work well.

29° outside now, they are saying we will be getting more snow before we get rain. Roads are already sheets of ice. One of the few times living in town would be OK.

29° outside now, they are saying we will be getting more snow before we get rain. Roads are already sheets of ice. One of the few times living in town would be OK.

Hoping you all will be safe. We don't get snow but are in for another week of more rain. Today is our first sunny day and I let the chickens out to forage and sunbathe in the warm outdoors before showers hit us again.

We were without power for 13 hours. By the time this storm blew over we got 16 inches of snow. Since they plowed the roads we have an inch of packed snow/ice. It took me 45 minutes to drive the 13 miles to work. Never driven with chains before, they work well.

We invested in a portable generator this last summer in case our power ever goes out. Years ago it would be 4 or 5 days before our power would get restored. I don't care about lights but losing two refrigerators/freezers full of food WOULD bother me!

Back
Top Bottom