California - Northern

Hey I need some help / input about Tehama county, Cottonwood Side...

So I am on 11 acres and we are installing a 2nd home as an in-law unit. The manufactured home guy just came out and said that inspectors will randomly show up and walk through the property and ask for building permits. This sounds pretty far fetched to me.

We are on 11 acres, the property is another 2 miles on a dirt road before you reach it.

I understand if someone would call them that is different, but I highly doubt my neighbors would call. we are on good terms with most, and the others would prefer themselves to be left alone as well.

So, my question is, has anyone heard of truly random, uncalled for inspections? and what do they do if they can not see any issues from a property line? (anyone looking would have to go through at least 2 if not 3 property lines to even SEE our home. )

Is this making any sense? I ask partly because he said that any building could only be 120 sq ft or needs a permit. my coop is over -his - limit. but with how out of the way we are should i even be worried?

Years ago I lived up north, on a private dirt road. Occasionally we had folks drive or walk on our property. They would claim they didn’t know it was private property, even though we had signs all over. The county also had an over zealous code enforcement department.... Well, one year we got in trouble for a mobile home being on the property. We had to move it and pay a small fine.

Im not sure what your plans are, but I think you’ll eventually be found out if you put a manufactured home in, without permits. (Code enforcement could check google earth or something like that too.).

Or if you are getting permits for the manufacture home, then maybe the building inspector will question the coop? I’m not sure (i think it matters on the inspector).

did you build the coop? (If you didn’t perhaps the building is permitted and you can check property records?)

Back
Top Bottom