California - Northern

hide.gif
It was just a reminder to get ready....
fl.gif
I hope the Mountain Lion goes the other direction this year.

Who is having a hatch tonight?

I have EO Marraduna Basque hatching, three pips out of 9 eggs.

Go Chickies!

My Bresse roo is turning out to be way too protective of his girls & pen.  DH loves him but he has gone for me twice and bit & clamped on to my friend's 11 yr old son's arm.  He didn't break skin but Ben said that it hurt.  Ben takes care of the chickens for me so I sure want to keep him happy & not afraid to go into the pen.  Chauvelin doesn't know that I have about a dozen of his sons in my brooder pens and one of them is looking really nice.  If he gets any more aggressive or this little boy ends up being a bigger, nicer looking roo, Chau Chau will be taking the short walk to the end of the cone!

My original Bresse rooster was way too aggressive he had to be processed... I think he was in love with me, he kept trying to mate me! LOL

My original Bresse rooster was way too aggressive he had to be processed... I think he was in love with me, he kept trying to mate me! LOL

I sent the two nicest ones to the farm in Winters. The Pullets are calm and friendly so I am hoping the Cockerels will calm down when they get a bit older.

Of the ones slated for chicken Dinner, one is nice and the other is aggressive. You can tell that these have not been culled for aggression.

I sent the two nicest ones to the farm in Winters. The Pullets are calm and friendly so I am hoping the Cockerels will calm down when they get a bit older.

Of the ones slated for chicken Dinner, one is nice and the other is aggressive. You can tell that these have not been culled for aggression.

My younger Bresse rooster is really sweet ;)

I was wondering when they would start hatching while I was pouring my coffee this morning. Congrats Ron, keep em coming.

Jason, those eggs look like chocolates, hope they shipped well and you get a great hatch.

Last edited:
I'm sure that mine doesn't love me. He stalks me when I walk by the pen and runs at me. I don't turn my back on him when I go in to check on them, that's for sure! He better calm down before his sons mature or he's going to be replaced!

Here is a example of the egg colors

My crele eggs on top. warm terra cotta brown
fairly dark white empordanesa egg in the middle
darker crele penedesenca egg I got today on the bottom

Beautiful eggs!!! My Wellie pullets are 20 weeks old now and look to be getting close to POL. I can hardly wait to see what their eggs look like!

Clovis is a lover not a fighter. He does not really challenge other roos through his fence but does court the girls that come by and is frenetic about everyone knowing he is the finder of all treats. If he sees me with a bowl he calls the girls pronto.

I have gotten 1 chick with feathered legs from that pen. Anyone else seen 1 yet? I know 2 other breederswho have mentioned it....

Back
Top Bottom