California - Northern

Each member of my flock which coops up at night has a particular spot in the coop; there are two ladder stlyle roosts, the whole top of the three walls to the Kindergarten Pen inside the coop, and the rafters.

Their roost positions occasionally change. Younger hens fill in spots temporarily vacated by broody hens, then those broodies bring their chicks up when they return to the roost.

I was very surprised to see Melissa the Midget White (turkey) hen on the top rung of the same ladder roost as Carl, the dominant rooster, right next to the most senior hens. One hen away from Carl himself.

The first two macaw eggs went into the incubator last night. My DH came down to visit me at the Fair. I sent him home with the eggs and he added them to the cabinet when he got home................he had very explicit instructions, LOL

He also took home about half of the chicks that had hatched so far. The brooder was getting VERY crowded. The babies that had hatched since two days before the Fair even opened were getting big and very busy. I can't believe how big the ducklings have gotten I brought down to loan for their display. I'm glad they haven't been at my house. I don't know where I'll put them when they get back home!

After a moment of silence for the missing Quail and a quick prayer for their safe return, Lets look at some Pictures!

The Blue and Black Australorps from Hupp Farms are coming along nicely! I like their fluff and puck look...

Wow Ron, the are beautiful. I especially like the one on the far left...:)

Originally Posted by ronott1 View Post

After a moment of silence for the missing Quail and a quick prayer for their safe return, Lets look at some Pictures!

The Blue and Black Australorps from Hupp Farms are coming along nicely! I like their fluff and puck look...

Wow Ron, the are beautiful. I especially like the one on the far left...:)

I like her too! She is a nice Blue and I hope I can breed more of them.

When I put them out, I had to watch them for a while. The Cockerels are so dignified--it is amazing. I will be sending them to the Egg Farmer in Winters soon. He is going to be amazed by them too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom