California - Northern

I have eggs locked down right now, due to hatch tomorrow. There are several early pippers.

I just had an Ayam Cemani egg pip!!!

wee.gif

I went to Chowchilla HS (84 so mine was quite a while ago :). I have a lot of different breeds, some I'm breeding & showing and some just because. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite breed. My favorite bird though is a tiny little Serama hen who thinks she the size of an elephant. She rules the ranch :)

If you post photos of your birds I'm sure we can all help you figure out what they are. This is the best thread on this site with helpful & knowledgeable peeps.

Awesome! I was actually born and raised in Fresno, graduated from central... I lived in madera a short time as a teenager, then moved back to madera about 5-6 years ago.... Well, here is a pic if a couple of my 'black ones' with my RIR's... I've heard them called so many different things I gave up on ever knowing exactly what they are
then my last little batch I got

Good Ol' central cal..
1f637.png
. Madera (about 15 min north of Fresno)
Welcome to the Northern Ca thread! You are in the right place for helpful people!!
welcome-byc.gif

Quote: The second one has pipped now!!!!!
wee.gif

I have eggs locked down right now, due to hatch tomorrow. There are several early pippers.

wee.gif
Oh I can't wait to see these!! I am so excited for you!!
clap.gif

Quote: Well, the black and white ones look like Barred Rocks to me. I will leave the others for someone here to help with...

Woo Hoo!!! One of the Mottled eggs hatched this morning!!!! It looks like a blue mottled!! Movement in a second one, but no pip yet. The 3rd one I was hopeful for is looking like a no-go. I will leave it in for a couple mor days

wee.gif

Happy for all the hatchings but especially happy for you two...I know you have a lot riding on both of these hatches!

Back
Top Bottom