California - Northern

Welcome to the Northern Ca thread!  You are in the right place for helpful people!!  :welcome

The second one has pipped now!!!!!   :weee

Oh I can't wait to see these!!  I am so excited for you!!  :clap

Well, the black and white ones look like Barred Rocks to me.   I will leave the others for someone here to help with...
awesome! Thank you!

Last edited:
YAY! People nearby! I'm in Fresno!  Howdy Neighbors!!

Yay!!! Hello!!!
1f600.png

Yay!!! Hello!!!
1f600.png
frow.gif

Tiny Chicken Secretary ready to transcribe your memo!! Ylsadfa;hjwaehjakhklsdfjnvjasndjkasdnkafhkefhasjdkfhks;dfh;shdfsdjfhjsakdhfklhsaduhas;kdfjasdiufhasd;ilghsdlkgsdl;kfhasdilfhasdilfha;sdilfhasdlifhsdilfhasildfhasdilfhsadilhfisadfhasdifhasd;ifhas;idfhksadkn;lkkmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmlk.

Sincerely, Tiny Chicken.

Cool - thanks! I hope they do well.

Welcome Welcome! The more the merrier.

Oh, I SO want to see pics when they hatch!

:lau TinyChicken .. I love it!
Cool - thanks! I hope they do well.

Welcome Welcome! The more the merrier.

Oh, I SO want to see pics when they hatch!

:lau TinyChicken .. I love it!

Yep they need 4 weeks and more humidity I just set second batch of guineas getting ready for the peafowl eggs' :)

Yep they need 4 weeks and more humidity I just set second batch of guineas getting ready for the peafowl eggs'
smile.png

Such cute little stripies!

good luck with your guineas. And I'd love to hear more about the peafowl eggs - when are you thinking about setting them?

gig.gif

peepeepeep!
Yeah, baby chicks in the bedroom can be crazy-making..

I just set my very first guinea eggs - I've never hatched guineas before, so it's eggsiting! They're in a bator full of chicken eggs. From what I understand, the incubation is basically the same, except guineas take a week longer and need higher humidity at hatch.
Wish me luck!

Oh NO....chicks in the bedroom??? I already don't sleep well........LOL I keep mine waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the glassed in front porch. I can't hear anything until I open the dining room door & go out there.
For Pasty butt, chick grit, scrambled eggs and a little bit of plain yogurt in the morning.
They should get over within 5 days; often sooner.

Very cute chicks!

I already feed that daily to new chicks. I had 2 Delawares get pasty butt but washed it off & it didn't return. They love the chopped eggs. This morning I tried hard boiled eggs instead....same thing they attacked it & me giving it to them.....LOL. Those Delawares are something else. I just love their vigor.
Good Ol' central cal..
1f637.png
. Madera (about 15 min north of Fresno)
Your not so far @fortyfivefarm comes up to Turlock to visit regularly. Yesterday we went clear to Sunnyvale to a chicken birthday party..........LOL

I would love to have the groups' opinion of what you think are the best blue egg layers.
I have been wanting to add one to my flock and in searching around in the internet it's so hard to get a good picture of them.
I thought I'd get "real life" experience from anyone who would like to chime in.
I have a Cream Legbar hen & her eggs are closer to pale green-blue - same with my rumpless Araucana.
Is there a breed that lays a true blue egg with no green tint?

My vote is True Ameracuanas......My Blue/Black pen give me nice blue eggs & my old Blue Wheaten's were even darker. I will be trying U of As when Ron gets to me on his list. Ipersonally have not seen their eggs yet. I passed on the Araucanas. The eggs were too pale for my wants & I haven't seen the Cream Legbars yet but have eggs coming for hatching soon.
I have eggs locked down right now, due to hatch tomorrow. There are several early pippers.

I just had an Ayam Cemani egg pip!!!

wee.gif
I am so excited for you Deb. I am sooooooooo hoping all goes well for these special chicks. (of course all chicks are special in their own way....LOL)

Back
Top Bottom