California - Northern

I'm part of a Facebook group for people who feed their dogs raw like I do, and someone posted a screenshot of how a dog boarder would not board her dog because a raw diet is absolutely not appropriate unless the dog was feral, and because it puts her other boarders and her livestock at risk. I just thought I'd share how vicious my dog has become since I put her on raw.
big_smile.png
I mean, the dramatic health increase might have been worth it if she hadn't become SO DANG VICIOUS.

LOVE THIS PIC!!!

I feed a high quality, grain-free kibble in the morning and raw at night (because he often doesn't eat his breakfast and it was crazy how much food was going to waste, but I want him to have the option of eating if he wants to). Clancy's fav thing is a raw lamb marrow bone. Gone in under 10 minutes!

I used to feed my cats raw since lhasa is allergic to everything. Its much harder then dogs and tough in a small kitchen.

We got into quail to start again when we moved here but no one would eat anyone brooded in the house. Rufas not a fan of raw.

I used to feed my cats raw since lhasa is allergic to everything. Its much harder then dogs and tough in a small kitchen.

We got into quail to start again when we moved here but no one would eat anyone brooded in the house. Rufas not a fan of raw.
Feeding raw meat to animals and causing them to go feral has been around since Kellogg demonstrated a version of it to reporters way back when he was running his clinic. It is a myth but widely believed to be true and perpetuated by vegans to justify their diet.

If we all stopped eating meat, we would have world peace or something?

Now I dont' know who is laying the near white eggs because I got both speckled and white the other day. Whoever is laying the white ones has done so for the last 3 days. Im wondering if they are from my other Buff but the one I know is laying does lay a fairly dark brown egg. (Not marans like but definitely brown)

Short of putting a wireless cam in there its going to be hard to find out. I don't like to disturb them when they are laying.

Anyone use a wireless camera? Or have suggestions on one I dont want to spend a fortune on a survelience cam system.

Now I dont' know who is laying the near white eggs because I got both speckled and white the other day. Whoever is laying the white ones has done so for the last 3 days. Im wondering if they are from my other Buff but the one I know is laying does lay a fairly dark brown egg. (Not marans like but definitely brown)

Short of putting a wireless cam in there its going to be hard to find out. I don't like to disturb them when they are laying.

Anyone use a wireless camera? Or have suggestions on one I dont want to spend a fortune on a survelience cam system.
A lot of people use a game cam.

Hey everyone! We're up in Washington now (Boo, it's so wet up here! We've already had mites and worms. Yuck.) but I need some advice and I trust you all more than any other chicken people. Our feeder has brutally killed two of our chickens. A little prong came loose and speared our favorite chicken - a trained show silkie named Dandy, under the beak and killed her. It took us 30 mins to get her unhooked. After that my husband and dad worked worked on the feeder and believed they fixed it. Last week a prong came loose again, and speared our lovely English Orpington Roberta under the beak. She was also badly stuck, but alive. I was home alone with the kids and unable to free her or kill her. After about 30 tearful minutes a neighbor came home and helped me get her loose and clean her wound. She died three days later. Obviously this has been really traumatic. I feel like it shouldn't have happened. I would like to take some sort of action, I'm just not sure what is appropriate. They were both expensive chickens, but that's not really the point at all. The emotional loss has been really difficult, especially considering the traumatic nature of their deaths. I would like the feeder company to be aware of this flaw and prevent it from happening again. I don't know, what do you think?

This is the feeder in question (a year ago). We keep it handing under cover.

This probably goes without saying, but we are not using it anymore.

Hey everyone! We're up in Washington now (Boo, it's so wet up here! We've already had mites and worms. Yuck.) but I need some advice and I trust you all more than any other chicken people. Our feeder has brutally killed two of our chickens. A little prong came loose and speared our favorite chicken - a trained show silkie named Dandy, under the beak and killed her. It took us 30 mins to get her unhooked. After that my husband and dad worked worked on the feeder and believed they fixed it. Last week a prong came loose again, and speared our lovely English Orpington Roberta under the beak. She was also badly stuck, but alive. I was home alone with the kids and unable to free her or kill her. After about 30 tearful minutes a neighbor came home and helped me get her loose and clean her wound. She died three days later. Obviously this has been really traumatic. I feel like it shouldn't have happened. I would like to take some sort of action, I'm just not sure what is appropriate. They were both expensive chickens, but that's not really the point at all. The emotional loss has been really difficult, especially considering the traumatic nature of their deaths. I would like the feeder company to be aware of this flaw and prevent it from happening again. I don't know, what do you think?

This is the feeder in question (a year ago). We keep it handing under cover.

This probably goes without saying, but we are not using it anymore.
Hi Jordan!

It is great to hear from you and I hope all is well up there.

I have the same feeder and it is fine so far. I have had it about a year so I need to keep an eye on it. I do not know what you can do except contact the manufacturer and let them know. If you are not satisfied with their response(for instance they may tell you that they redesigned the feeder and will send you a replacement) one thing you can do is report them to the better business bureau.

Just putting it out there. If you live in a city where you can keep a rooster, I have a sweet guy who still needs a home. Bittie hatched on August 17th and has been outdoors in my run of mixed bantams and LF birds. He is 1/2 D'uccle(he has featehred feet), 1/4 polish(he has a little crest), and 1/4 ameraucana. He's an all-black frankenrooster but no matter how mixed his genes are, he is all sweetheart. He is free to a good home if you can pick him up in Berkeley.

This photo is from 3 weeks ago. I can take more photos and PM them if you're interested.
I hope we find him a home!

Back
Top Bottom