California - Northern

@lualshannon check out the monster double yolker in the middle that came from my breeding pen That would be the work of one of the girls I got from you.
big_smile.png

@lualshannon check out the monster double yolker in the middle that came from my breeding pen That would be the work of one of the girls I got from you. :D
Oh, wow! beautiful eggs! I get eggs like that quite often, and can not close the egg carton. I am really happy they are laying nice eggs for you. When you have their chicks, you will be pleased how big they are and how fast they grow. Thank you so much for the lovely photos. Lual

Oh that makes sense! It probably is blinding him.

The other birds have probably told him to not go "down the tunnel with the bright light at the end".
I must explain that the blinding light is not a sign of the apocalypse , and promise to get some tanning started.
Who wouldn't known that a rooster would force me to keep my fashion statements up to date.
big_smile.png
Hysterical

If you start seeing high incidences of double yolked eggs, that is not a good sign. Erratic oviposition and defective egg syndrome (EODES) can cause a number of problems for hens. Here's a bit of information about it:
http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/pou...uctive_system/egg_peritonitis_in_poultry.html

Thanks Mochael. so far it is just the one andshe just began laying so hopefully it is just an oddball thing. I did have a hen with my first bunch of hatchery chicks that seems to have been afflicted. She started out fine...laid a few double yolkers and also an egg in an egg then things got weird and she pretty much only laid soft shelled/rubber eggs and a couple of lash eggs. I eventually gave her away to a couple and told them not to expect usuable eggs from her. Last I heard she was still doing alright.

Oh, wow! beautiful eggs! I get eggs like that quite often, and can not close the egg carton.
I am really happy they are laying nice eggs for you. When you have their chicks, you will be pleased how big they are and how fast they grow. Thank you so much for the lovely photos.

Lual

You are welcome. I thought you would like to see it. I am very much looking forward to the chicks!

If you start seeing high incidences of double yolked eggs, that is not a good sign. Erratic oviposition and defective egg syndrome (EODES) can cause a number of problems for hens. Here's a bit of information about it:
http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/pou...uctive_system/egg_peritonitis_in_poultry.html

Thanks Mochael.   so far it is just the one andshe just began laying so hopefully it is just an oddball thing.   I did have a hen with my first bunch of hatchery chicks that  seems to have been afflicted.  She started out fine...laid a few double yolkers and also  an egg in an egg then things got weird and she pretty much only laid soft shelled/rubber eggs and a couple of lash eggs.  I eventually gave her away to a couple and told them not to expect usuable eggs from her. Last I heard she was still doing alright.

The big eggs from my hens were never double yolked eggs. I hatched couple of the big eggs and had very healthy chicks which were bit bigger than the others. They grew up to be healthy adults.

Lual

The big eggs from my hens were never double yolked eggs. I hatched couple of the big eggs and had very healthy chicks which were bit bigger than the others. They grew up to be healthy adults.

Lual

That's good. Just pointing to the facts regarding double yolked eggs. The incidences of them do not represent virility and health, as it is commonly believed among some people.

Back
Top Bottom